TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Between 2004 And 2018, National Parties Collected Rs 8721.14 Crore From Unknown Sources
- India Beats New Zealand In 1st ODI — Catch The Highlights
- New Mahindra Thar Model’s Spy Pics Out Again — Is It The Largest Indian Off-Roader Ever Made?
- Best Smartphones With Android Pie To Buy In India 2019
- What Are MSMEs Expecting From The Interim Budget 2019?
- Ajay Devgn Shares His Opinion On MeToo Movement
- The Surreal Mahoba, An Offbeat Gem In Uttar Pradesh
- Why Sleep With Your Socks On?
Kia Motors is planning to debut its first product in India, sometime around April 2019. This is four months ahead of its actual intended launch date, which was around July or August next year.
According to carandbike, the company's plant construction in India is 60 days ahead of schedule. This will allow Kia to begin the trial production process by early 2019. The trial period will also help the company's parts suppliers begin accepting orders for the new product.
The first product from Kia Motors will be the SP Concept based SUV, likely to be named as Trazor. The car is expected to roll out the production line by end-April, with deliveries scheduled for May 2019.
Kia has already shared the early launch plans to their dealership network. The company is working on having its dealership presence in all top cities across the country. This will allow them 85 to 90 percent of coverage in the main car buying population, right from the start.
Apart from their new SUV, Kia is also planning on introducing two new products; a premium hatchback and a compact sedan. The premium hatchback is expected to be the Rio offering from the brand. Kia Motors is also studying the Indian market for the launch of its large MPV, the Carnival.
Besides these launches, Kia is also looking into a possible introduction of a more compact MPV and also a sub-compact SUV model. Kia's sister company, Hyundai Motors is also looking into the sub-compact SUV segment themselves.
Thoughts On Kia Motors In India
Kia Motors has been planning to debut at the Indian market for a while now. With their plant production going ahead of schedule, the company hopes to introduce their products earlier than planned. Their first product will take on rivals such as the Tata Nexon and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza in India.