- 1 hr ago Electric Vehicle GST To Be Reduced Soon — Government To Offer Other Tax Benefits As Well
- 1 day ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- Technology Vivo Stops Production of Vivo V15 and Vivo V15 Pro in Indian Market
- Finance ITR Filing Simplified: Relief In LTCG Reporting
- News Shashi Tharoor slams Trump over attack on Hindu priest near a temple in US
- Movies Taapsee Pannu THRASHES Kangana Ranaut Left & Right; Takes A Dig At Shahid Kapoor & Vijay Deverakonda
- Sports TNPL 2019: Kovai Kings vs Kanchi Veerans: Mukund powers Kings to big win
- Lifestyle What Is Emotional Intelligence? 15 Ways To Improve It
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Bookings for the new Maruti Ertiga (know the full details) have crossed 23,000 units in just a month's time. Maruti Suzuki launched the highly-awaited Ertiga MPV at a starting price of Rs 7.44 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi). Compared to the previous model, the second-generation Maruti Ertiga is larger and packs a lot of new features as well.
ET Auto shares that it was R S Kalsi, the Senior Executive Director (Marketing & Sales) at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (MSIL) who revealed the commendable achievement of the new Maruti MPV. In fact, the company started receiving booking enquiries for the 2018 Ertiga, months before its launch.
For the same reason, booking status of the new Maruti Ertiga is what which concerns buyers the most. Many dealerships have shared that waiting periods can extend to 2 – 3 months, depending on locations. The booking amount stands at Rs 11,000.
In addition to this feat, the 'NextGen' Maruti Ertiga had achieved 10,000 bookings in just a week from its launch. The market response is quite impressive for the Ertiga, and the brand expects the same to happen for the upcoming Maruti Wagon R.
The latest Ertiga comes with enough and more for its price point. Basic safety essentials and a touchscreen infotainment system are part of the package, while the interior space has also improved by a good margin — evident from the impressive third-row space of the new Ertiga.
The 2018 Maruti Ertiga is available in either a petrol or a diesel format. The 1.5-litre SHVS mild hybrid petrol engine makes 105bhp and 138Nm of torque, while the 1.3-litre diesel engine is good for 90bhp and 200Nm. Both come mated to a five-speed manual transmission, and an AMT variant might be available at a later stage.
Thoughts On The New Maruti Ertiga
The new Maruti Ertiga can be considered as an affordable alternative to the likes of the Mahindra Marazzo and Toyota Innova Crysta. The MPV market is slowly getting a bit competitive than before and even Renault is entering the game with a Kwid-based seven-seater.