- 24 min ago 725 Kilometers On A Single Charge — Here's The Lightyear One
- 1 hr ago The Platypus Ocean Blue — James Bond's American Counterpart Approves
- 3 hrs ago 2019 BMW S 1000 RR Launched In India — Prices Start At Rs 18.50 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago New Hyundai Elite i20 Spied Testing In India — Next-Generation Elite i20 Launch Expected In 2020
- Lifestyle Bodybuilder Uses Oil Injections To Increase Muscle Size
- News Sitharaman meets Manmohan Singh ahead of her first budget
- Movies Wait, What? Parth Samthaan REFUSED To Do Sonakshi Sinha's Film Khandaani Shafakhana!
- Finance How To Report Tax Exempt Income In ITR-1?
- Sports Virat Kohli fastest to 20000 international runs, beats Tendulkar and Lara
- Technology Realme 3 New Diamond Red Color Variant Shows Up Online
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS World University Rankings 2020
- Travel Pangong Lake - The World's Highest Saltwater Lake
Volvo XC40 has won ICOTY's newly-added Premium Car Award 2019. Until last year, there were only two main awards: ICOTY and IMOTY. However, the success of various premium cars in India have made the jury add a new category under ICOTY (Indian Car Of The Year) awards.
The Maruti Suzuki Swift won ICOTY 2019 (Indian Car Of The Year), gaining the prestigious title from the previous holder, the Hyundai Verna. The 2018 Maruti Swift had to compete against seven newly-introduced cars to win the award.
Meanwhile, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 has won IMOTY 2019 (Indian Motorcycle Of The Year). The title was previously owned by the KTM Duke 390, and for this year, the Interceptor 650 had to compete with 12 other motorcycles.
Coming back to the Premium Car Award 2019 by ICOTY, the Volvo XC40 seems to have been the most fitting choice. Launched in the country back in July 2018 at Rs 39.90 lakh ex-showroom, the Volvo XC40 is the most affordable SUV from the Swedish car maker.
The sharp design language, host of technology and the strong value for money compared to its rivals; have made the Volvo XC40 quite a successful product in the entry-level luxury SUV market. In fact, during the time of launch, Volvo India managed to sell 12 units of the XC40 in Bangalore, on a single day!
Volvo products have always been praised for their excellent build quality and the unparalleled safety standards they offer. The Volvo XC40 also excels in this regard with its five-star Euro NCAP (New Car Assessment Program) safety rating.
The India-spec Volvo XC40 comes with a 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine which makes 190bhp and 400Nm of torque. The drive is transmitted to all-four-wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.
The Volvo XC40 mainly rivals the popular German five-seater SUVs: BMW X1, Audi Q3 and Mercedes-Benz GLC. Now that the XC40 has won the Premium Car Award 2019, there is no question as to which is the best in its segment.
Thoughts On Volvo XC40 Winning The New ICOTY 2019 Category Award
The Volvo XC40 is one of the best value-for-money premium or entry-level luxury SUVs on the market right now. It makes the perfect introduction to the brand's SUV portfolio, which also consists of the XC60 and XC90 — two really good luxury SUVs in their segment.
We think that the XC40 has won the title it deserved. What about you? Let us know in the comment section below.