- 42 min ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 3 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 5 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 6 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Movies Puri Jagannadh Insults Mahesh Babu With This Brutal Dig? Prince Fans Explode In Anger
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Gave Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- News Trinamool Congress delegation to meet victims of Sonbhadra clashes Saturday
- Sports Comparing India’s World Cup performances in 2010s and 1990s: It’s chalk and cheese
- Finance Subsidy On EVs Will Be Offered For Commercial Vehicles Only: Govt
- Technology Asus ROG Phone 2 Gets TENNA Certification Ahead Of July 23 Launch
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 wins the prestigious Indian Motorcycle Of The Year (IMOTY 2019) award. Launched in November 2018 at a compelling price tag of Rs 2.50 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), the new Interceptor 650 is one of the two first 'modern' twin-cylinder motorcycles from the British-origin brand in India; the other one being the Continental GT 650.
Meanwhile, the 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift has won the Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY 2019) award. There were seven strong nominees for ICOTY 2019, but the 'Most Loved Hatchback Of India' still managed to bag the title.
The previous winner of the title (IMOTY 2018) was the KTM Duke 390. For the IMOTY 2019 awards, the Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 had to compete with 12 other new motorcycles launched this year.
The list of nominees for IMOTY 2019 included the TVS Apache RTR 160 4V, Hero Xtreme 200R, Yamaha R15 V3, TVS Apache RR 310, BMW G 310 R, BMW G 310 GS, Honda CBR650F, Suzuki V-Strom 650 XT, Suzuki GSX-S750, Triumph Tiger 800 and SWM Superdual T. The Interceptor 650 has impressively beaten all of these motorcycles within just around a month of its launch.
The jury panel of IMOTY 2019 consisted of 16 experienced Indian automotive journalists. The award was handed over to Siddhartha Lal, CEO of Royal Enfield, by Dr Raghupati Singhania; an esteemed jury, and also the Chairman & MD of JK Tyres.
The Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 has been praised by many for the great value it offers for its price tag. Features such as dual-channel ABS and slipper clutch come as standard, while it remains the most affordable twin-cylinder motorcycle on the market.
Powering the new Royal Enfield 650 Twins is a 649cc oil-cooled parallel-twin engine which makes 47bhp and 52Nm of torque. This is mated to a six-speed transmission.
At its price point, there are no direct rivals to both the modern classics. Royal Enfield has just nailed it with the pricing, and for the same reason, bookings for the new 650 Twins are breaking all records.
Thoughts On Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 Winning IMOTY 2019
The launch of the new Royal Enfield 650cc parallel-twin models was long-awaited by Indian motorcycle enthusiasts, and they were not at all disappointed with the wait. The new flagship Royal Enfield twins showcase superb build quality, appreciable performance and class-leading value. What do you think of the judgement? Let us know in the comment section below.