- 4 hrs ago Revolt RV 400 Launch Date Confirmed — India’s First AI-Enabled Electric Motorcycle Is Almost Here!
- 7 hrs ago Jawa 42 Galactic Green Colour Denied Registration: RTO Explains Why
- 9 hrs ago CF Moto Launch Four New Motorcycles In India — Prices Start At Rs 2.29 Lakh
- 9 hrs ago 2020 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport Images Leaked — Receives Updated Styling & Features
- Technology Oppo K3 Official In India — New Rival To Redmi K20 And Realme X
- Sports PKL 2019: Telugu Titans host U Mumba in Season 7 curtain-raiser
- News Samjahuta blast: Plea challenges acquittal of Aseemanand, 3 others
- Movies Katrina Kaif Treats Us To Yet Another Stunning Vacation PIC From Mexico!
- Finance Reliance Industries Net Rises; Jio Profits Grow
- Lifestyle Kylie Jenner And BFF Anastasia Karanikolaou Give Us Insta-Perfect Party Fashion Moments
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
- Education CBSE Compartment Result 2019: Links To Check Class 12 Board Exam Results
Maruti Suzuki Swift wins the prestigious Indian Car Of The Year (ICOTY) 2019 Award. Launched at Auto Expo 2018 (held back in February) the third-generation Maruti Swift instantly became a market success, just like its predecessors. In fact, the Maruti Swift is often regarded as the most-loved hatchback in India.
On the other hand, the new Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 won the Indian Motorcycle Of The Year (IMOTY 2019) award. The Interceptor 650 competed with 12 other motorcycles, but managed to lead the pack.
The previous winner of the title (ICOTY 2018) was the Hyundai Verna. For ICOTY 2019 awards, the Maruti Swift had to compete against seven newly-introduced cars of the ending year.
This includes the Hyundai Santro, Maruti Ertiga, Honda Amaze, Toyota Yaris, Mahindra Marazzo, Mahindra Alturas G4 and Honda CR-V. In the latest car sales report, the Maruti Swift has also become thetop-selling cars in India.
The 14th edition of the ICOTY awards had a bench of 18 senior automotive journalists, with a total work experience of close to 300 years. The ICOTY 2019 award was handed over to Kenichi Ayukawa, MD & CEO of Maruti Suzuki, by the Chairman & MD of JK Tyres, Dr Raghupati Singhania, who is an esteemed member of the jury.
Coming to the winner, the 2018 Maruti Swift was launched at Rs 4.99 lakh ex-showroom (Delhi), and is available in both petrol and diesel formats (with manual and automatic options). The prices go all the way up to Rs 8.76 lakh for the top-trim diesel-AMT variant.
Based on the newly-developed HEARTECT platform (the same which underpins the new Maruti Ertiga), the 2018 Swift is lighter and more dynamic. Compared to the previous model, the aesthetics have also been revamped.
Powering the latest Maruti Swift is either a 1.2-litre petrol engine or a 1.3-litre diesel. The petrol engine makes 83bhp and 113Nm of torque, while the diesel makes 74bhp and 190Nm. This is further mated to a five-speed manual or its AMT unit.
Thoughts On Maruti Swift Winning ICOTY 2019
The third-generation Maruti Swift was one of the most important launches of the year, and everyone had only good to say about it. It was almost sure that only the Swift will be the winner of ICOTY 2019, while some had high hopes for the Honda Amaze and Hyundai Santro. However, Maruti Suzuki's excellent brand image in the country has worked out well. What do you think of this year's ICOTY winner? Let us know in the comment section below.