- 40 min ago Hyundai Could Offer The Verna & Elite i20 With A New Engine — Part Of Upcoming BS-VI Plans
- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Discontinue Certain Variants Of Safari, Zest And Bolt Models In India
- 1 day ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 1 day ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- Technology Google set to reveal game titles for Stadia but is India ready for it?
- Movies DID Promo Out! Kareena Kapoor Introduces Battle Of Champions; Here's What Viewers Have To Say!
- Finance Govt Merges Statistical Bodies CSO And NSSO
- Travel Karighatta Hill: Abode Of Tranquility And Adventure
- Sports ICC Cricket World Cup: Top 5 games in World Cup history
- News Bengaluru: 5 family members die in road mishap on way to airport
- Education WB HS Result 2019 Declared: 86.92 Percent Students Passed
- Lifestyle Pseudogout: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
The Hyundai Verna is one of the best C-segment sedans sold in India, today. Launched in August 2017 at a price of Rs 7.99 lakh, the new Verna witnessed an immense market response. One of the main reasons for this was its styling. The Hyundai Next Gen Verna is arguably the best-looking sedan in its segment and has even won the prestigious 'Indian Car Of The Year 2018' award.
With the Honda City, Maruti Ciaz and the new Toyota Yaris giving tight competition, how do you think the new Hyundai Verna is performing in the market?
Here are the top things to know about one of the best sedans in India, the new Hyundai Verna!
New Hyundai Verna: Power & Torque
The new Hyundai Verna comes in three engine options: 1.4-litre petrol, 1.6-litre petrol and 1.6-litre diesel. The engines are mated either to a 6-speed manual or an automatic.
Here are the outputs of each variant:
|Variants||Power (bhp)||Torque (Nm)|
|1.4-litre Petrol||99 ||132 |
|1.6-litre Petrol||121 ||151 |
|1.6-litre Diesel||126 ||260 |
New Hyundai Verna: Mileage & Fuel Capacity
The new Hyundai Verna has got a fuel tank capacity of 45 litres. With the claimed ARAI mileage figures, the sedan can return a decent driving range.
Below are the claimed mileage figures of each Hyundai Verna variant:
|1.4-litre Petrol||17.4 |
|1.6-litre Petrol||17.7 |
|1.6-litre Diesel||24.8 |
*Mileage figures are subject to change with respect to engine and driving conditions.
New Hyundai Verna: Ground Clearance, Overall Dimensions & Turning Radius
One of the most important design traits of a sedan is the way it rides low to the ground. However, Indian road conditions force automotive companies to build sedans with higher ground clearance. The same applies to the dimensions.
The new Hyundai Verna has a ground clearance of 165mm; enough to tackle most road conditions while giving the car a good stance.
Below are the overall dimensions of the new Hyundai Verna:
Turning radius for the C-segment sedan stands at 5.2 metres.
New Hyundai Verna: Tyre Size & Boot Space
While the Hyundai Verna gets 16-inch alloys in the top petrol and diesel variants, the saloon comes with only 15-inch steel wheels (with hubcaps) on base variants.
|1.4-litre Petrol||185/65 R15|
|1.6-litre Petrol||195/55 R16|
|1.6-litre Diesel||195/55 R16|
At a boot space of 465 litres, the new Hyundai Verna offers adequate luggage capacity for long drives.
New Hyundai Verna: Colours
The 2017 Hyundai Verna is available in seven colours: Phantom Black, Stardust (Dark Grey), Siena Brown, Fiery Red, Sleek Silver, Flame Orange and Polar White.
Out of this, Flame Orange was the launch colour of the latest Hyundai Verna.
Thoughts On The New Hyundai Verna
The Hyundai Next Gen Verna, as mentioned before, is one of the best sedans available on the market today. The styling, features and performance of the new Verna have all opened a huge market for Hyundai India.
But is it better than the Honda City, Maruti Ciaz or the feature-loaded Toyota Yaris?
What's your take?