Ford Aspire 2018 Launch LIVE: Ford India will be launching the new Aspire today. The Ford Figo-based compact-sedan brings a lot of improvements and updates over the previous model. Along with this, the new Ford Aspire comes with a new Dragon series petrol engine too; the same one as on the Ford Freestyle.
The 2018 Ford Aspire looks similar to the upcoming Figo hatchback, except for its extended boot. Bookings of the new Aspire have already started at an amount of Rs 11,000 and images of the car have been shared on the official Ford India website.
The new Ford Aspire petrol, as mentioned before, will be powered by a new 1.2-litre three-cylinder unit which makes 95bhp and 120Nm of torque. The existing 1.5-litre diesel engine makes 98.6bhp and 215Nm of torque. Transmission options include a 5-speed manual and an automatic.
On the inside, the Ford Aspire 2018 brings quite some much-needed additions such as the 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, which supports both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. The interior design has also got a refresh.
Here Are The Launch Highlights Of The New Ford Aspire 2018:
- Mahindra Stops Production Of TUV300 Automatic — Five Speed Manual Option Only
- Suzuki To Stop Manufacturing Commuter Motorcycles – Will Cater To Performance Segment Only
- Tata Elxsi To Supply China With Autosar-Adaptive Platform
- Hyundai Confirms Diesel Engine Upgradation to BS-VI Norms — Will Not Discontinue Diesel Engines
- Hyundai Kona Electric Launching On 9 July — The Koreans Are Leading The Electric Revolution
- New Kia SUV (SP2i) Interior Design Sketches Officially Revealed — Launch Expected Soon
- Scooter Spotted Testing Could Be The Bajaj Urbanite — Re-Introduction Of The Bajaj Petrol Scooter?
- Top-Selling Scooters In India For April 2019 — The Honda Activa Runs Away With The Sales Yet Again!
- Top-Selling Bikes In India For April 2019 — Hero MotoCorp Receives Stiff Competition From Honda
- Ducati Reveals Super Soco CUx Electric Scooter — A Piece Of MotoGP
The live blog has now closed
Lots Of Updates On The Table
The new Figo Aspire brings quite a lot to the compact-sedan segment in India. Once launched, the car is expected to make a strong statement against the likes of the new Maruti Dzire.
Elegant Yet Sharper Styling
With the just amount of chrome and looks in line with Ford's One Design philosophy, the new Ford Aspire is quite a good-looking compact-sedan.
The Outgoing Ford Aspire Is Still Good
Besides some minor missings on the equipment front, the previous-generation Ford Aspire is quite a performer; especially the diesel variant.
The New Petrol Engine
The previous Ford Aspire petrol variant was always blamed for being a bit underpowered. However, with the new Dragon series petrol engine which makes 95bhp and 120Nm of torque, things are set to change.
The Proven Diesel Engine
Besides the new petrol engine, the Ford Aspire will be offered with the existing diesel unit too. The 1.5-litre diesel mill makes a good 99bhp and 215Nm of torque.
Here's The New Ford Aspire Without Covers
We have arrived at the venue and here's the compact-sedan getting soaked in the rain outside.
The Event Has Started
Vinay Raina, Deputy Director Of Marketing, Sales & Service at Ford India is addressing the audience.
Two Petrol Engines On Offer
In addition to the new 1.2-litre unit, there will also be a 1.5-litre petrol engine on offer, which comes paired to a 6-speed automatic. The engine makes a good 121bhp.
The 2018 Ford Aspire Has Been Launched At Rs 5.55 Lakh
Finally, the Aspire has been launched at a starting price of Rs 5.55 lakh for the petrol version and Rs 6.45 lakh for the diesel; both being ex-showroom figures.
Quite Competitively Priced
Here's a comparison of the pricing between the new Ford Aspire and the previous version, along with its main competitors.
What Are Your Thoughts On The New Ford Aspire?
The new Aspire surely brings a lot to the table and do let us know your thoughts on the compact-sedan!