TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- 7.7-Magnitude Earthquake Hits Peru-Ecuabor Border
- Sachin Tendulkar Says India Should Play With Pakistan In ICC World Cup 2019
- Samsung Galaxy Fold — Unique Features Of The Foldable Phone Priced At Rs 1.40 Lakh
- Jeep Compass Recall India — Diesel Variant Of Compass SUV Recalled Over Emission Issue
- Best Places In India To Celebrate Holi 2019
- Standardisation Of Health Insurance — How Consumers Will Benefit
- The Kind Of Student You Are Based On Your Zodiac Sign
- Total Dhamaal — Movie Review
The new Ford Figo and Aspire facelift have been globally unveiled. Production of the new 2018 Ford Figo and the Aspire facelifts has already started at the Sanand plant, Gujarat.
Currently, both models are exported to international markets. Ford is expected to launch the two models in India sometime later this year.
Both the new Figo and Aspire facelift offerings from Ford come with a host of exterior and interior updates. Both cars also receive new engines in the form of Ford's ‘Dragon series'.
The two cars receive a new front grille with chrome surrounds. Both, the Figo and Aspire also feature large headlamps, restyled rear bumper and a blackened lower portion.
Inside, the cars feature a new dashboard design, similar to the Freestyle offering. Other features on the cars include a 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Ford SYNC 3 technology, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto functions.
For India, the 2018 Ford Figo and the Aspire facelifts could be powered by the new 1.2-litre, three-cylinder' Dragon Series' petrol engines. This is the same engine seen on the recently launched Freestyle offering. The new petrol engine produces 95bhp and 120Nm of torque.
Diesel variants on the 2018 facelift models of the Figo and Aspire will continue to use the 1.5-litre engine options. This produces 99bhp and 215Nm of torque.
Both engines will come mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. While an automatic gearbox will also be offered as optional.
Thoughts On The Ford Figo And Aspire Facelifts
The updated version of the Ford Figo and Aspire models will be launched in India. We can expect the launch of both models sometime around September 2018. However, no details about the Indian-spec models have been revealed yet.