- 21 hrs ago Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- 23 hrs ago Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 Modified: Rajputana Customs Have Outdone Themselves!
- 1 day ago Mahindra Stops Production of The Thar With The Special Edition Thar 700: A Tribute Video
- 1 day ago India To Receive Almost 50 New Vehicles By March 2020 — Here Is The list!
- Movies Kadaram Kondan Box Office Collections 3 Days: Vikram’s Movie Has A Solid First Weekend
- News SBI clerk prelims result 2019 date confirmed: How to download
- Sports Morgan still undecided over England future
- Technology Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Vs Other Snapdragon 855 Powered Smartphones
- Lifestyle From Amit Aggarwal To Tarun Tahiliani: What Can We Expect From The Designers At The FDCI ICW 2019?
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
The list for the top-selling bikes for the month of March 2019 in India has been released. The table showcases Hero MotoCorp continuing their dominating form in the Indian market, occupying four of the top-10 slots including the top-two with the Splendor and the HF Deluxe.
Hero also cracked the top-10 list of scooters in India for March 2019 with their recently introduced Destini 125 — here is the list of top-10 scooters in the country in March this year.
|Rank||Brand ||Model ||March 2019 Sales |
|1 ||Hero ||Splendor ||2,46,656 |
|2||Hero ||HF Deluxe ||1,46,162 |
|3||Bajaj ||Pulsar ||1,05,256 |
|4||Bajaj ||Platina ||62,519 |
|5||Hero ||Passion ||54,544 |
|6||Hero ||Glamour ||56,658 |
|7||TVS ||Apache ||42,965 |
|8||Bajaj ||CT ||37,556 |
|9||Royal Enfield ||Classic 350 ||36,428 |
|10||Honda ||Shine ||29,827 |
The Hero Splendor has always been one of the most popular commuter-segment motorcycles in the market. The Hero Splendor has been on topping the sales chart month-on-month bringing in volume sales to the brand. In the month of March 2019, the Hero Splendor managed to record 2,46,656 units of sales.
The second popular model from Hero MotoCorp is the HF Deluxe, another commuter segment motorcycle offering from the World's largest two-wheeler manufacturer. The Hero HF Deluxe sits below the Splendor and has consistently been an in-house competitor for the Splendor. The Hero HF Deluxe recorded 1,46,162 units of sales in the previous month.
The Bajaj Pulsar range completes the top-three in the list. The Bajaj Pulsar started off the entry-level sportbike segment in the Indian market. The Pulsar range is available in a range of displacements — 150cc, 180cc, 200cc and 220cc. The Bajaj Pulsar range in March 2019, recorded 1,05,256 units of sales.
Among the others in the list, TVS Apache series has moved up three slots from 10th in February to 7th in March 2019. TVS Apache series, similar to the Pulsar range is available in a number of variants, with different displacements — 160cc, 180cc, 200cc and the range-topping RR310. TVS Apache sales increased from 35,358 units in February to 42,965 units in March 2019.
Another noticeable change is the decline of sales of the Royal Enfield Classic 350. Positioned at eighth in February, the Classic 350 has now dropped one slot to ninth position. Sales have also marginally reduced from 37,862 units in February to 36,428 units in the previous month.
Thoughts On The Top-Selling Bikes In India For March 2019
Although the top performers have continued to maintain their spots for another month. Lower down the table, there have been a few changes as always. With the year 2019 set to witness a number of new motorcycle launches, we can expect further shuffling in the list in the coming months.