- 7 hrs ago Skoda Karoq And Kamiq SUV India Launch Timeline Confirmed
- 7 hrs ago Deliveries Of The Ducati Panigale V4 R Begin In India
- 10 hrs ago Mahindra Bolero Pick-Up Range Crosses 15 Lakh Production Units Milestone
- 10 hrs ago Suzuki Jimny India Launch Confirmed For Late-2019: Might Be Rebadged As Gypsy For Indian Market
- News IRCTC offers 5-day tour to Kanyakumari, Rameswaram and Madurai; details here
- Sports Vinay Kumar bids adieu to Karnataka; joins Puducherry
- Movies RIP Khayyam: Lata Mangeshkar, Javed Akhtar, PM Modi Tweet Condolence Messages
- Technology Redmi Note 7 Pro, Redmi Y3, Redmi 7, Redmi Note 7S Get Up To Rs. 1,000 Price Cut
- Lifestyle What Are Happy Hormones And 7 Natural Ways To Boost Them
- Education Karnataka PGCET 2019 Result On August 22; Check Counselling Schedule
- Finance FASTags Mandatory For Toll Payment On Highways Starting December 1
- Travel Cycling for beginners: The basics any beginner cyclists should know
The final month of the 2018/19 fiancial year wasn't a pleasent one for vehicle manufacturers in India. Two-wheeler sales fell by 17.3 per cent in March 2019 compared to the same month the previous year.
Scooter sales too dipped in the month of March despite various discounts and offers from manufacturers. Sales of the nation's best selling scooter, the Honda Activa, dropped drastically by 29 per cent in March 2019 compared to the same month in the previous year.
|Rank ||Scooter ||March 2019 ||March 2018 ||Growth (%) |
|1 ||Honda Activa ||1,48,241 ||2,07,536 ||-29 |
|2 ||TVS Jupiter ||53,424 ||65,308 ||-18 |
|3 ||Suzuki Access ||49,875 ||36,555||36 |
|4 ||Hero Destini 125 ||22,564 ||0 ||- |
|5 ||TVS NTorq ||18,557||11,500||61 |
|6 ||Yamaha Fascino ||15,739 ||15,944 ||-1 |
|7 ||Yamaha Ray ||12,671 ||12,600 ||1 |
|8 ||TVS Scooty Pep+ ||11,747 ||11,779 ||0 |
|9 ||Hero Pleasure ||10,218 ||18,782 ||-46 |
|10 ||Suzuki Burgman ||8,250 ||0 ||- |
Points Of Interest
- Honda Activa's still the King but sales dropped heavily last month
The Honda Activa continues to be the bestselling scooter currently on sale in the country. However, March 2019 was a disaster for Honda on the sales charts the Activa dropping heavily. Sales of the Activa dipped by 59,295 units in the month of March, which was more than the final numbers of all the other 9 scooters in the list.
The 29 per cent drop in sales numbers also saw Honda dropping to the third spot in the overall two-wheeler sales report for March 2019, behind Hero and TVS. The Activa was also the only vehicle from Honda to be featured on the top 10 list of the best selling two-wheelers in the country, with the Hero Splendor still the baap of the two-wheeler segment. Honda currently sells the Activa with two engine options in India – 110 and 125cc.
- TVS On a High
- Hero Surging Forward With Its Destini