- 7 hrs ago Suzuki Intruder 250 In The Works — Launch Expected During 2020 Auto Expo
- 9 hrs ago MG Hector Bookings Unofficially Begin — To Rival The Tata Harrier
- 10 hrs ago Tata Motors Upgrades Safety Features On The Tiago — Made Of Great, But Safer Now
- 11 hrs ago Renault Launches Arkana Coupe SUV In Russia — Could Be India Bound
- Sports ICC World Cup: Lower-order need to be ready as top-order can go off in overcast conditions: Kohli
- News 2019 mandate liberated India from ailments of dynasty, casteism and appeasement: Amit Shah
- Lifestyle Diana Penty’s Sparkling Pink Gown Is Perfect For A Formal Dinner Evening
- Movies When This Top Actress’s Shocking Remark About Suriya Upset Fans
- Technology How to make your Android device safe for kids
- Finance Manpasand Beverages MD, CFO Arrested In GST Evasion Fraud
- Education HSC Result 2019 Gujarat: Steps To Check HSC Arts And Commerce Stream Result 2019
- Travel The Bustling City Of Muzaffarnagar In Uttar Pradesh
The final month of the 2018/19 fiancial year wasn't a pleasent one for vehicle manufacturers in India. Two-wheeler sales fell by 17.3 per cent in March 2019 compared to the same month the previous year.
Scooter sales too dipped in the month of March despite various discounts and offers from manufacturers. Sales of the nation's best selling scooter, the Honda Activa, dropped drastically by 29 per cent in March 2019 compared to the same month in the previous year.
|Rank ||Scooter ||March 2019 ||March 2018 ||Growth (%) |
|1 ||Honda Activa ||1,48,241 ||2,07,536 ||-29 |
|2 ||TVS Jupiter ||53,424 ||65,308 ||-18 |
|3 ||Suzuki Access ||49,875 ||36,555||36 |
|4 ||Hero Destini 125 ||22,564 ||0 ||- |
|5 ||TVS NTorq ||18,557||11,500||61 |
|6 ||Yamaha Fascino ||15,739 ||15,944 ||-1 |
|7 ||Yamaha Ray ||12,671 ||12,600 ||1 |
|8 ||TVS Scooty Pep+ ||11,747 ||11,779 ||0 |
|9 ||Hero Pleasure ||10,218 ||18,782 ||-46 |
|10 ||Suzuki Burgman ||8,250 ||0 ||- |
Points Of Interest
- Honda Activa's still the King but sales dropped heavily last month
The Honda Activa continues to be the bestselling scooter currently on sale in the country. However, March 2019 was a disaster for Honda on the sales charts the Activa dropping heavily. Sales of the Activa dipped by 59,295 units in the month of March, which was more than the final numbers of all the other 9 scooters in the list.
The 29 per cent drop in sales numbers also saw Honda dropping to the third spot in the overall two-wheeler sales report for March 2019, behind Hero and TVS. The Activa was also the only vehicle from Honda to be featured on the top 10 list of the best selling two-wheelers in the country, with the Hero Splendor still the baap of the two-wheeler segment. Honda currently sells the Activa with two engine options in India – 110 and 125cc.
- TVS On a High
- Hero Surging Forward With Its Destini