- 2 hrs ago Yamaha FZ-X Launched In India At Rs 1.16 Lakh: Retro Design, Bluetooth Connectivity Available
- 15 hrs ago Hyundai Alcazar India Launch Price Rs 16.30 Lakh: 7-Seater, Panoramic Sunroof Available
- 18 hrs ago BMW 5 Series Facelift To Be Launched In India On 24 June With New Features & Updated Design
- 24 hrs ago Revolt RV400 Prices Dropped By Rs 28,200: Bookings Reopen From June 18
- News Mumbai: TV actresses of 'Crime Patrol' and 'Savdhaan India' arrested in robbery case
- Technology Swiggy, ANRA Technologies To Start Drone-Delivery In India; When Does It Begin?
- Finance Nifty PSU Bank Extends Losses; Canara Bank Falls Over 6.5%
- Sports IPL return will be "hard to justify" for players who have withdrawn from international tours: Finch
- Movies Savdhaan India And Crime Patrol Actresses Arrested In A Robbery Case
- Lifestyle Karishma Tanna Makes Us Feel Fresh And Lively With Her ‘Feel’ Printed Top; Pictures And It’s Price Inside!
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
- Education Father’s Day 2021: Know History, Significance And All About This Special Day
Tesla is all set to launch the Model 3, which will be its first electric car in the Indian market. The company is working on setting up its operations in the country including plots for showroom space. Now, ahead of its launch, the Model 3 has been spied testing in the country.
The spy image from Car Crazy India showcases a test mule wearing no camouflage. The blue paint schemes are one of the many colour options available on the Model 3 internationally.
The reason the electric car test mule is not camouflaged because it is most likely have been imported from the brand's Gigafactory in Shanghai, China. Initially, Indian customers will be receiving the (CBUs) Completely Built-Up units of the Model 3 from the same factory.
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with a long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The Tesla Model 3 is expected to be offered in four variants. This includes Standard Range and Standard Range Plus, with rear-wheel-drive, and Long Range and Long Range Performance, that feature all-wheel-drive.
Tesla is looking for commercial properties as large as 20,000-30,000 square feet each. To complete the search, the company has also hired an executive to ensure everything is set up ahead of its planned entry into the country. Showrooms are expected to open in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore — here are more details.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yeddyurappa, earlier confirmed that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. The news has come to light via a government document that provides more information about the newly registered office. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED".
Thoughts About The Tesla Model 3 Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch
The launch of the Tesla electric cars is the most talked about and anticipated event in the Indian Automotive Industry. Due to the growing demand for electric vehicles, the company is all set to start retailing its cars in the Indian market. The recent spotting of the Model 3 test mule further marks its imminent launch in the country.