- 15 hrs ago Mercedes To Bring The Most Powerful Four-Cylinder Car In The World To India
- 17 hrs ago Royal Enfield Reveals 'Birth of the Bullet' & 'The Picnic Special' Limited Edition Helmets
- 20 hrs ago Euler Motors HiLoad Commercial EV Launched At Rs 3.50 Lakhs
- 20 hrs ago Audi Looks At Assembling EVs in India — A Sign Of Things To Come
- Technology Poco M4 Pro 5G With Dimensity Chipset Appears On Geekbench; Expected Launch Date, Features
- News Mamata Banerjee to begin 3-day Goa visit from today
- Movies Hrithik Roshan Reacts To Aryan Khan Being Denied Bail Multiple Times In Ongoing Drugs Case
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Holder replaces McCoy in West Indies squad
- Finance Fuel Rates Hiked Again On October 28, 2021, Petrol In Delhi Crosses Rs. 108/ L
- Education CAT Admit Card 2021 Released At iimcat.ac.in, Check How To Download IIM Hall Tickets
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Doll And Guards Costume From Squid Game And The Significance Of These Costumes Spoilers
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Tesla is all set to launch the Model 3, which will be its first electric car in the Indian market. The company is working on setting up its operations in the country including plots for showroom space. Now, ahead of its launch, the Model 3 has been spied testing in the country.
The spy image from Car Crazy India showcases a test mule wearing no camouflage. The blue paint schemes are one of the many colour options available on the Model 3 internationally.
The reason the electric car test mule is not camouflaged because it is most likely have been imported from the brand's Gigafactory in Shanghai, China. Initially, Indian customers will be receiving the (CBUs) Completely Built-Up units of the Model 3 from the same factory.
Tesla Model 3
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with a long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
The Tesla Model 3 is expected to be offered in four variants. This includes Standard Range and Standard Range Plus, with rear-wheel-drive, and Long Range and Long Range Performance, that feature all-wheel-drive.
Tesla India Updates
Tesla is looking for commercial properties as large as 20,000-30,000 square feet each. To complete the search, the company has also hired an executive to ensure everything is set up ahead of its planned entry into the country. Showrooms are expected to open in Delhi, Mumbai & Bangalore — here are more details.
The Chief Minister of Karnataka B.S. Yeddyurappa, earlier confirmed that Tesla will also be setting up a manufacturing facility in the State of Karnataka. However, the location and more details are yet to be known.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. The news has come to light via a government document that provides more information about the newly registered office. It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED".
Thoughts About The Tesla Model 3 Spied Testing In India Ahead Of Launch
The launch of the Tesla electric cars is the most talked about and anticipated event in the Indian Automotive Industry. Due to the growing demand for electric vehicles, the company is all set to start retailing its cars in the Indian market. The recent spotting of the Model 3 test mule further marks its imminent launch in the country.