- 41 min ago MG Astor First Look Review — The Most Advanced MG Yet Is Quite Impressive
- 15 hrs ago Volkswagen Polo And Vento Waiting Period Reach 5 Months; Bookings On Some Variants Stopped
- 17 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 21 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- Sports IPL 2021: Lasith Malinga recalls time with four-time champions Mumbai Indians
- News Rahul Gandhi takes dig at govt over record COVID-19 vaccinations
- Finance How To Buy Silver In India? Different Investing Options In Silver
- Lifestyle Expert Speaks About Brain Exercises For Managing Alzheimer’s
- Movies Mohit Raina Spills The Beans About His Role In Shiddat; 'Hoping People Will Love It'
- Technology Xiaomi 11 Lite NE 5G Color Options, Price In India Leak
- Education REET Admit Card 2021 Released, Download At reetbser21.com
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
American electric vehicle manufacturer, Tesla is confirmed to enter the Indian market this year. Ahead of its first model launch, The company has already registered its Indian subsidiary in Bangalore, Karnataka. As per some previous report, the company was scouting for showroom spaces across three cities in the country: Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore.
However, according to the latest report by Economic Times, the US-based electric car maker Tesla has said that the company's headquarters will be located in Mumbai. According to a media report, Tesla is evaluating projects in the Lower Parel area of Mumbai. Also, the office space will be approximately 40,000 sq. ft.
The company is also looking for commercial properties as large as 20,000-30,000 square feet each. To complete the search, the company has also hired an executive to ensure everything is set up ahead of its planned entry into the country.
Back in October 2020, Elon Musk, CEO, Tesla Inc., confirmed that the company will be entering the Indian market in 2021 via his Twitter handle. Replying to a tweet of a t-shirt which said ‘INDIA WANTS TESLA', to which Elon Musk replied ‘Next year, for sure' last year.
Speaking about the first model for the Indian market, the EV maker is likely to launch the Model 3 sedan in the country. Tesla is expected to price the Model between Rs 55 lakh and 60 lakh, ex-showroom. The company will be directly selling electric vehicles in Indian without a dealer.
Tesla's entry-level Model 3 electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with a long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
Thoughts About The Tesla Looking To Setup Showrooms In Our Country
The buzz is massive around Tesla entering the Indian market. Once launched, these EVs will be a premium and luxury EV offering in the country. The Tesla Model 3 will go up against the likes of Mercedes Benz EQC, Jaguar I-Pace and the upcoming Audi e-Tron and the Volvo XC40 Recharge in the Indian market.