- 1 hr ago Yamaha Aerox 155 Launched In India; Powered By R15 Sourced 155cc Engine With VVA
- 5 hrs ago New Yamaha R15 V4.0 Launched In India; R15M And Aerox 155 Launched Along
- 9 hrs ago Audi E-Tron GT Launch Tomorrow; Audi Claims 383 Km Range
- 1 day ago Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Contestant Oshin Patwa Couldn't Answer This Rs 12.5 Lakh Question, Can You?
- Finance 2 Stocks To Buy By HDFC Securities For Potential Upside Up To 54%
- Sports IPL 2021: PBKS vs RR: Royals drop Rahul thrice as Punjab skipper becomes second fastest to 3000 IPL runs
- News Muslims have highest fertility rate, Jains the lowest among India's major religious groups: Pew report
- Education SBI Clerk Prelims Result 2021 Declared, Check Direct Link
- Technology Realme GT Neo2 Price Revealed Ahead Of Launch; New Dimensity 1200AI SoC Variant Also Tipped
- Lifestyle Emma Corrin’s Emmy’s 2021 Costume Is Surprising And There Could Be Salem Witch Trials Angle To It
- Travel 8 Beautiful Long Drive Routes In India
Skoda is looking to launch a couple of models this year in India. The company will be launching a new C-segment sedan that will be replacing the Rapid sedan. Skoda recently announced a new camouflage design competition for the upcoming sedan.
In the announcement, the company has leaked the front design of the upcoming replacement sedan for the Rapid. A while ago, a trademark document revealed the Slavia nameplate registered by the company, which is expected to be used on the upcoming sedan.
The upcoming Slavia sedan will be the second product from the brand releasing under the Indian 2.0 strategy. As a result, the sedan will use the same MQB A0 IN platform, that underpins the recently launched Skoda Kusaq mid-size SUV.
The new platform on the upcoming sedan will offer a roomier cabin as compared to the Skoda Rapid. Also, the sedan will be a completely Made-in-India product from the brand and is currently undergoing testing in the country.
The Slavia is expected to feature a host of changes inside and out over the Rapid model. Exterior changes will include new headlamps, Skoda's butterfly grille, foglamps and aggressive-looking bumpers. Other changes will include new rear bumpers, alloy wheels and taillamps design.
The interiors of the Slavia could feature the brand's latest connected technology and a touchscreen system borrowed which could be borrowed from the Kushaq. Also, other features such as instrument cluster, dashboard design and other interior equipment could be shared between the Kushaq and the Slavia.
Regarding the engine, the Slavia could be offered with two turbo petrol TSI engine options: 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre units as seen on the Kushaq.
1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
- Max power: 108bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
- Max power: 148bhp @ 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 250Nm @ 3,500rpm
The 1.0-litre TSI engine comes paired to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic. While the 1.5-litre TSI engine features either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic.
Skoda Slavia Camouflage Competion Challenge
The company has asked to design the camouflage for the upcoming Slavia sedan. The camouflage design must be inspired by the colours and motifs from rich Indian culture. They also must contain ŠKODA design language in the proposal along with modern graphic art/pop art. All rules regarding the contest can be found on the brand's website.
The last date for entries is on August 18, 2021. The winner will get an opportunity to visit Prague and meet the Head of Design at ŠKODA HQ as well.
Skoda July 2021 Sales
According to the sales report, the company registers 3,080 units in the last month. According to the company, the last time Skoda registered over 3,000 units was 9 years ago. This is because of the launch of the Kushaq in India catering to the ongoing demand for SUV sales in the country — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Skoda Rapid Replacement (Slavia) Teased Ahead Of India Launch
The launch of the Skoda Slavia could be near as the company looks for a camouflage design via a contest announced in India. The Slavia will be the second Made-in-India product and is expected to have a larger footprint than the Skoda Rapid. However, it could be price similar to the Rapid when launched in the market sometime this year.