- News Landslide in Kerala's Kottayam: 3 dead, atleast 10 missing in Kottayam, IAF assistance sought
- Technology Poco M4 Pro 5G With Up 6GB RAM Spotted At FCC; When Is It Launching?
- Travel Rajasthan's Ten Best Winter Destinations
- Finance Now Conduct Debit Card Services At New Micro ATMs of This Bank: Here’s How
- Movies Katrina Kaif Reviews Sardar Udham, Praises Rumoured Boyfriend Vicky Kaushal As 'Pure Talent'
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Oman vs PNG preview
- Lifestyle Sooryavanshi: All Set For Promotions, Katrina Kaif Looks Like A Dream In Her Floral Lehenga
- Education CBSE Class 10, 12 Term Exam Dates Tentative Announced, Check CBSE Class X, XII Date Sheet Release Details
Skoda launches the Kushaq in India at Rs 10.49 lakh, ex-showroom (starting price). The name Kushaq is derived from the Sanskrit word meaning 'King' or 'Emperor'. The SUV is available in three variants and two engine options.
Variants & Pricing
|1.0L TSI 6 MT||Rs 10.49 Lakh||Rs 12.79 Lakh||Rs 14.59 Lakh|
|1.0L TSI 6AT||NA||Rs 14.19 Lakh||Rs 15.79 Lakh|
|1.5L TSI 6 MT||NA||NA||Rs 16.19 Lakh|
|1.5L TSI 7 DSG||NA||NA||Rs 17.59 Lakh|
All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India)
Bookings for the Kushaq are open and can be made online or at dealerships across India. Deliveries of the 1.0-litre TSI variants will begin early next month, while deliveries of the 1.5-litre TSI variants will begin only by August.
The Kushaq is the first model launching under the brand's India 2.0 programme. The upcoming SUV will use a tweaked version of the brand's global MQB platform. Called the 'MQB A0 IN' features a longer wheelbase to suit the Indian market.
- Candy White
- Brilliant Silver
- Honey Orange
- Carbon Steel
- Tornado Red
Exterior Design & Features
The Kushaq features a bold stance with abundant use of chrome to give the SUV a premium look and feel from the outside. The all-around body cladding enhances the SUV looks of the Kushaq.
- Skoda's butterfly grille
- LED headlamps
- LED taillamps
- 17-inch dual-tone alloy wheels
- Roof rails
- Faux skid plates
- Integrated roof spoiler
Interiors, Features & Technology
The cabin of the Kushaq is well-laid out with a host of features. The dashboard features a multi-layer design with piano-black inserts. The Kushaq borrows the same 2-spoke steering design as seen on the Octavia.
- 10.1-inch infotainment screen
- Semi-digital instrument cluster with MID
- Steering mounted controls
- Ventilated seats
- Climate control
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- Wireless charger
- Rear AC vents
- Electric sunroof
- 6-Speaker Skoda audio system
- Manually-adjustable driver seat
- mySKODA Connect mobile application
The SUV is offered with two turbo-petrol engine options. The 1.0-litre TSI engine is paired to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic. While the 1.5-litre TSI engine features either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed DSG automatic
1.0-litre three-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
- Max power: 108bhp @ 5,500rpm
- Peak torque: 175Nm @ 1,750rpm
1.5-litre four-cylinder TSI turbo-petrol
- Max power: 148bhp @ 6,000rpm
- Peak torque: 250Nm @ 3,500rpm
Skoda has not compromised on the safety features of the Kushaq as all variants receive dual-airbags, ABS and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) as standard.
- 6 airbags
- Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD)
- Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Multi Collision Braking
- Electronic differential lock
- Traction control
- Rear parking camera
When it comes to the warranty, the Kushaq is offered the same 4-year service care that is offered on other Skoda models. This includes:
- 4-year / 100,000kms warranty
- 4-year maintenance package
- 4-year RSA
Skoda is planning to introduce a more premium Kushaq Monte Carlo variant sometime next year. The upcoming variant is expected to come with a lot more tech including a fully digital instrument cluster, power-operated driver seat, and new upholstery.
Thoughts About The Skoda Kushaq Launched In India
Skoda finally enters the mid-size SUV segment in India by launching the Kushaq. The SUV features an appealing exterior design with pleasant interiors and uncompromised safety. The Kushaq rivals the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Jeep Compass, Nissan Kicks, Renault Duster in the Indian market.
First Drive Review Video & Report
Planning to buy the Skoda Kushaq? Watch our full review to know more about the design, features and driving impressions of the new SUV.