- 5 hrs ago Hyundai Cars Offer & Discounts For May 2021: Up To Rs 1.5 Lakh Benefits On Select Models
- 16 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 17 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 18 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- News Mother’s Day 2021: Google Doodle wishes mothers all around the world with adorable pop-up card
- Movies Kareena Kapoor Khan Shares A Closer Glimpse Of Younger Son With Taimur On Mother’s Day, SEE PIC
- Lifestyle COVID-19 Vaccine Slot Finder: Find COVID-19 Vaccine Slots In Your Area Using These Websites
- Sports Boxing: Mandeep Jangra wins maiden pro bout in USA
- Finance IDFC First Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD, Check New Rates Here
- Technology What Is Band Steering? How It Helps Get Good Wi-Fi Connectivity?
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Renault will be launching a new SUV in the Indian market called the Kiger. The company already showcased the concept of the upcoming compact-SUV in November 2020. Renault has now announced that the final production version of the Kiger will be revealed globally on January 28, 2021.
The concept form of the Renault Kiger revealed several exterior design details that are expected to make its way on to the production form. This includes the split-headlamp design where the LED DRLs will be placed next to the grille and the main units placed on the bumpers.
Other exterior features include a split-tail lamp design, scuff plates at both ends, roof rails, all-around body cladding, dual-tone alloy wheels and more. The Kiger will feature aggressive styling with a bold stance.
Ahead of its launch, the Kiger compact-SUV has been spied several times testing in the country. The latest set of soy images reveals that the compact-SUV will be offered with a factory-fitted sunroof. It will be an appealing factor for buyers in the segment — here are all details.
The Renault Kiger will share its platform and the engine with the recently launched Nissan Magnite SUV in the Indian market. The Kiger SUV will be based on the CMF-A+ platform that is currently used in the Renault Triber from the brand's line-up.
On the inside, the Kiger is expected to come packed with a host of features, enhanced connectivity, and convenience. This includes a multifunction steering wheel with mounted controls, and climate control system; among others.
It is also expected to feature a fully-digital instrument cluster, and a large screen for the infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay and the brand's latest form of connected technology.
In terms of powertrain, the Kiger will be offered in a similar setup as the Nissan Magnite SUV. The new Nissan Magnite is available with a choice of two petrol engine options. The low-spec 1.0-litre naturally-aspirated petrol engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of torque, paired with a five-speed manual gearbox.
The other engine options available includes a top-spec 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine churning out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque, mated to either a five-speed manual or a CVT automatic transmission.
The Renault Kiger will be the newest entrant to a long list of compact SUVs available in the country. As a result, the company is expected to price the Kiger aggressively to give it the initial sales boost. It could be launched starting for Rs 5 lakh, ex-showroom, placing it alongside its main rival, the Nissan Magnite.
Thoughts About The Renault Kiger Global Premiere Date Officially Revealed
The Renault Kiger will cater to the growing demand for compact SUVs, turbo-petrol engines, automatic transmission options and a sunroof in the country. However, the pricing of the upcoming SUV will decide its success in the Indian market.
Once launched, apart from the Magnite, the Renault Kiger will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford EcoSport and the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza; among others sold in the Indian market.