- 23 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News WATCH: Himachal bridge hit by boulders rolling down hill
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Tsitsipas taking inspiration from the gold medallist grandfather he has never met
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Renault is all set to introduce their all-new Kiger compact-SUV in the Indian market soon. The new Renault Kiger is scheduled to go on sale in India sometime in early-2021. Ahead of its launch, the new compact-SUV from the French carmaker has been spotted testing once again in the country.
The latest spy pics from Rushlane, showcases the fully-camouflaged Renault Kiger compact-SUV. Of the three test mules seen in the images, one of them seems to have additional cladding on the roof, indicating it could be a top-spec version with an electric sunroof.
Sunroofs are becoming an extremely popular feature on almost all cars in the segment. The feature is available on most of the offerings in the compact-SUV segment, including the Kia Sonet, Ford EcoSport, Hyundai Venue and the Tata Nexon. However, the feature is missing on Renault Kiger's cousin, the recently introduced Nissan Magnite.
The Renault Kiger and the Nissan Magnite carry forward the same underpinnings. Both models are part of the CMF-A+ platform, which also underpins models such as the Kwid and Triber models.
The Renault Kiger once launched in India will also carry forward the same engine and transmission options as the Nissan Magnite. This comes in the form of a 1.0-litre NA petrol engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of peak torque.
There is also a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol unit which churns out 100bhp and 160Nm of peak torque. Both engines come mated to a standard five-speed manual gearbox, with the turbo-petrol unit receiving the optional CVT automatic transmission as well.
Apart from that, the Renault Kiger is expected to come with a host of features as well. This includes LED headlamps with split units for the LED DRLs, large front grille, dual-tone alloy wheels, LED tail lights, eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster and many others.
Thoughts On The Renault Kiger Spied With A Sunroof
The Renault Kiger will be the brand's next big launch in the Indian market. Once introduced in India, the new Kiger is expected to be priced competitively in the Rs 5 lakh - 11 lakh, ex-showroom range.