- 10 hrs ago Car Sales Report For July 2021: Toyota Registers Over 13,000 Units In Domestic Sales
- 11 hrs ago Royal Enfield Himalayan 411 On-Road Biased Model Design Leaked: Could It Be The Scram?
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra XUV700 Design Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Features Large Taillamps & Other Details
- 15 hrs ago Yulu Dex Launched For Last-Mile Delivery: 10,000 Units To Be Deployed In Bangalore, Pune & Delhi
- Technology Friendship Day 2021 Gift Ideas: Best True Wireless Earbuds Starts From Rs. 899
- News Dams almost full in West Bengal due to heavy rain; Water discharge to rise: Officials
- Movies Valimai: First Single Of The Thala Ajith Starrer To Be Released On THIS Date?
- Sports WWE Friday Night Smackdown results, recap and highlights: July 30, 2021
- Finance SBI Announces NIL Processing Fee For New Home Buyers: Check Report
- Education UP Board Result 2021: UP Board Class 10th 12th Result 2021 Declared, Check UPMSP 10th 12th Result 2021 Here
- Lifestyle How To Prevent The Spread Of Zika Virus Infection
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tripura In August
Ola Electric is looking to enter the electric passenger vehicle segment in Indian and international markets as well. It has been confirmed about the brand's entry into the electric two-wheeler space. Now, we have information that the brand is also looking to enter the electric four-wheeler space.
The company is looking to enter the segment, which still has only a handful of model available in the country and across the world. As a result, Ola Electric is looking to have an early advantage by launching an electric four-wheeler.
The details of the upcoming electric car from Ola Electric is yet to be known. However, it is expected to be launched with priority given to affordability. It will be a city car with a decent range to become an ideal daily driver.
As a result, the electric car is also expected to be offered with a home charging solution bundled to it. The electric car is also expected to be offered in a couple of variants. The basic ones are expected to be added to the brand's ride-hailing platform.
On the other hand, the electric car could also be offered in the mid and top-spec variants. The top-spec is expected to have all the bells and whistles including connected technology via eSim internet connectivity.
Ola Electric is yet to reveal the details of the electric powertrain, design, and features of the upcoming electric car. However, it is expected to use a born-electric skateboard platform, which will make it roomier inside and support its compact form factor.
The born-electric skateboard platform will not have an electric motor placed in the middle along with a battery pack mounted low-down. Instead, it will be independently driven by all four wheels, which makes for a roomier cabin.
The company also plans to set up a global design centre for its electric car division in Bengaluru. The design facility will be loaded with technologies to facilitate clay modelling and a CMF (colour, materials and finish) lab.
Ola Electric will also be improving the public charging infrastructure in the country to support its EV customers in the country. The company has already announced that it will be setting up India's largest Hypercharger network — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Ola Electric Car Being In The Works
The demand for an electric vehicle is rapidly increasing in India. The two-wheeler space is flooded with various models, while the four-wheeler space only has a few models. Ola is looking to take advantage and become an early adopter in the country. The affordability route being considered for the upcoming electric car from Ola is intriguing.