- 17 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 18 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 23 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Movies Happy Birthday Nushrratt Bharuccha: Only True Fans Of The Actress Know These Lesser Known Facts About Her!
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- Sports Nadal overcomes Djokovic to seal 10th Internazionali d'Italia title
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Ola will soon launch its electric scooter in the Indian market. The company has revealed that the upcoming new electric scooter will go on sale sometime in July 2021. Ola has recently revealed the network of fast chargers called 'Hypercharger'.
Here Is What We Know So Far
According to the press statement released by the company, the Ola electric scooter can charge up to 50 per cent in 18 minutes. This will give the electric scooter a riding range of around 75 kilometres.
A simple mathematical calculation indicates the fact that the Ola electric scooter could feature a maximum riding range of up to 150 kilometres on a single battery charge. The company also said that a 0 to 100 per cent charge for the electric scooter would take around 60 minutes.
According to the company, Ola Hypercharger Network will be the widest electric two-wheeler charging network in the world. The company aims to set up over 100,000 charging points across 400 cities. In the first year alone.
It will start to set up over 5,000 charge points across 100 cities. The company will also be proving a home charging solution bundled with the scooter.
Here Is What We Can Expect
Ola Electric has successfully acquired the Netherlands based electric two-wheeler manufacturer, Etergo BV. As a result, the upcoming Ola electric scooter will have a lot of similarities.
The Ola electric scooter will feature a modern design much like the scooter from Etergo BV. This includes LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, horizontally-mounted LED tail lamps, contoured seats and a clean looking front apron.
The upcoming electric scooter is also expected to feature connected technology for smart mobility integration. This could be done via a large TFT display touchscreen display for the instrument console. The instrument console could support eSIM internet connectivity to enable smart features on the electric scooter.
The scooter could be paired with a proprietary application, which will be offered by the company. With the mobile application, users can monitor the scooter's behaviour, find the nearest charging stations and a lot more.
Expected Pricing & Rivals
Once launched, the Ola electric scooter will be a premium offering in the country. The Ola electric scooter will rival the Ather 450X, the Bajaj Chetak Electric, and the TVS iQube in the Indian market.
If the Ola electric scooter features a maximum riding range of 150 kilometres, it could be the top-electric-range scooter in India replacing the Ather 450X. The Ather's electric scooter features a maximum real-time riding range of over 85 kilometres from a single battery charge.
Although the company is yet to announce the pricing for the upcoming Ola electric scooter, it could very well be in the range of around 1 lakh. This will pit the scooter against its other segment rivals in the country. The company could also decide to offer the electric scooter in multiple variants at the time of launch.
Manufacturing Of Ola Electric Scooters
The manufacturing of these electric scooters is done in Tamil Nadu. The company has signed an MoU with the Tamil Nadu government to set up the factory in the State. The new Ola factory will produce scooter for the domestic market and international markets. The scooter will be exported from India to other markets in Europe, Asia, Latin America and more.
The manufacturing operations at the facility is in full force to prepare for the upcoming scooter launch. The company released a new video, which states that it is producing 1 electric scooter every 2 seconds.
Thoughts About The Ola Electric Scooter India Launch
The demand for electric vehicles is increasing by the day in the Indian market. As a result, we have a lot of startups and mainstream manufacturing entering the EV space to get a slice of the tasty pie. Whether the Ola electric scooter will stand up to its competitors when launched in the market remains to be seen.