- 32 min ago Maruti Suzuki India Extends Its Free Service & Warranty Period For Customers Due To Covid-19
- 1 hr ago Dakar Rally 2022 Route & Scheduled Revealed: 44th Race Edition Will Be Held Between January 2 & 14
- 1 hr ago Mg Motor India Extends The Validity Of Its Cars Periodic Service Due To The Covid-19 Pandemic
- 2 hrs ago Norton Motorcycles India Launch Confirmed: Four Norton Motorcycles Trademarked In India
- Movies Splitsvilla 13 Spoiler: Rannvijay Announces Dome Session; Here's Who Might Get Eliminated!
- News Happy Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, WhatsApp Status to share for Eid Mubarak
- Technology Reliance Jio, Affordable Smartphones Prime Reasons For 4G Adoption In India
- Sports Olympic-bound boxers Mary Kom and Lovlina Borgohain get first jab of Covid-19 vaccine
- Lifestyle Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Mantras And Shlokas To Chant On Akshaya Tritiya
- Education Eid-ul-Fitr 2021: Know Why Ramzan Eid Is Celebrated, Its History And Significance
- Finance Record Covid-19 Deaths Weigh On Markets, Sensex Plunges 500 Points
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV received a four-star safety rating from the ASEAN NCAP programme back in December 2020. Now, the testing body has released all the scores, observations and other details from the crash test of the made-in-India Magnite SUV.
As per ASEAN NCAP, the Nissan Magnite has secured 39.02 points for Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and 16.32 points for Child Occupant Protection (COP). The Nissan Magnite also scored 15.28 points in the Safety Assist category, which took its total score to 70.60, securing its impressive 4-star safety rating.
The SUV was subjected to both frontal and side-impact crash tests. As per the data collected from the crash dummies, both the driver and front passenger secured adequate protection for head and leg protection.
The front passenger also received adequate protection to his chest, although the driver's chest had weak protection during the frontal impact. The driver's chest was better protected during the side-impact, offering decent protection.
In terms of Child Occupant Protection, the Nissan Magnite secured 7.81 points for an 18-old month baby. However, a three-year child dummy secured the complete 8 point safety score.
The compact-SUV also comes packed with a host of safety features and equipment as standard across all variants. This includes dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, seatbelt pretensioners, ISOFIX child seat anchorages and many others.
The Nissan Magnite is offered with two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of peak torque. There is also a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on offer churning out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the turbo-petrol option receiving the optional CVT automatic transmission unit as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite ASEAN NCAP Safety Rating Scores
The Nissan Magnite has become one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings in India, since its launch. The SUV has managed to average 1000 bookings per day, with Nissan having to open an additional production shift to cater to the growing demand in the Indian market.