- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 4 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 20 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- Sports IPL 2021: We will focus on our process in every match: Delhi Capitals' captain Rishabh Pant
- News Navjot Singh Sidhu is disaster, oppose his name as new CM: Captain Amarinder Singh
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV received a four-star safety rating from the ASEAN NCAP programme back in December 2020. Now, the testing body has released all the scores, observations and other details from the crash test of the made-in-India Magnite SUV.
As per ASEAN NCAP, the Nissan Magnite has secured 39.02 points for Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and 16.32 points for Child Occupant Protection (COP). The Nissan Magnite also scored 15.28 points in the Safety Assist category, which took its total score to 70.60, securing its impressive 4-star safety rating.
The SUV was subjected to both frontal and side-impact crash tests. As per the data collected from the crash dummies, both the driver and front passenger secured adequate protection for head and leg protection.
The front passenger also received adequate protection to his chest, although the driver's chest had weak protection during the frontal impact. The driver's chest was better protected during the side-impact, offering decent protection.
In terms of Child Occupant Protection, the Nissan Magnite secured 7.81 points for an 18-old month baby. However, a three-year child dummy secured the complete 8 point safety score.
The compact-SUV also comes packed with a host of safety features and equipment as standard across all variants. This includes dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, seatbelt pretensioners, ISOFIX child seat anchorages and many others.
The Nissan Magnite is offered with two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of peak torque. There is also a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on offer churning out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the turbo-petrol option receiving the optional CVT automatic transmission unit as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite ASEAN NCAP Safety Rating Scores
The Nissan Magnite has become one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings in India, since its launch. The SUV has managed to average 1000 bookings per day, with Nissan having to open an additional production shift to cater to the growing demand in the Indian market.