- 6 hrs ago Triumph Trident 660 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All Details
- 7 hrs ago Piaggio Ape Electric E-Xtra FX & E-City FX Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.83 Lakh
- 8 hrs ago RNAIPL Factory Visit: An Inside Look At The Production Process Of The Nissan Magnite SUV
- 8 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class Globally Unveiled: Features Electrification As Standard!
- News Tamil Nadu transport employees to go on strike from today; 80 per cent govt bus services to be affected
- Movies Dulquer Salmaan's New Look For The Cop Film Is Out; Pictures Win The Internet!
- Sports IND vs ENG, 3rd Test: Axar Patel slices through England as India shine in day-night Test
- Lifestyle Your Wednesday Fashion Roundup Ft. Warina Hussain, Alaya F, And Nikki Tamboli
- Finance Finance Minister Lifts Embargo On Private Banks For Govt. Businesses
- Education CSBC Bihar Constable Admit Card 2021 Released At csbc.bih.nic.in
- Technology Airtel Forays Into Advertising Business; Launches Adtech Platform
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In March
The Nissan Magnite compact-SUV received a four-star safety rating from the ASEAN NCAP programme back in December 2020. Now, the testing body has released all the scores, observations and other details from the crash test of the made-in-India Magnite SUV.
As per ASEAN NCAP, the Nissan Magnite has secured 39.02 points for Adult Occupant Protection (AOP) and 16.32 points for Child Occupant Protection (COP). The Nissan Magnite also scored 15.28 points in the Safety Assist category, which took its total score to 70.60, securing its impressive 4-star safety rating.
The SUV was subjected to both frontal and side-impact crash tests. As per the data collected from the crash dummies, both the driver and front passenger secured adequate protection for head and leg protection.
The front passenger also received adequate protection to his chest, although the driver's chest had weak protection during the frontal impact. The driver's chest was better protected during the side-impact, offering decent protection.
In terms of Child Occupant Protection, the Nissan Magnite secured 7.81 points for an 18-old month baby. However, a three-year child dummy secured the complete 8 point safety score.
The compact-SUV also comes packed with a host of safety features and equipment as standard across all variants. This includes dual front airbags, ABS with EBD, ESC, seatbelt pretensioners, ISOFIX child seat anchorages and many others.
The Nissan Magnite is offered with two engine options. This includes a 1.0-litre three-cylinder naturally-aspirated engine producing 71bhp and 96Nm of peak torque. There is also a 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine on offer churning out 99bhp and 160Nm of peak torque.
Both engines are mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard, with the turbo-petrol option receiving the optional CVT automatic transmission unit as well.
Thoughts On The Nissan Magnite ASEAN NCAP Safety Rating Scores
The Nissan Magnite has become one of the most popular compact-SUV offerings in India, since its launch. The SUV has managed to average 1000 bookings per day, with Nissan having to open an additional production shift to cater to the growing demand in the Indian market.