- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- 3 days ago Tata Punch Vs Tata Nexon; Did Tata Accidentally Kill The Nexon?
- News Issue SOPs to contain spread of new Delta Plus AY.4.2: Rajasthan CM Gehlot to Centre
- Movies Bigg Boss 5 Telugu Nominations This Week: Siri, Maanas, Ravi And 3 Others Nominated!
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Team India should fix these gaping holes ahead of New Zealand clash
- Technology Oppo Reno7 Series Might Not Include Reno7 Pro Plus Model; Here's Why
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Finance This Small Finance Bank Revises Interest Rates On FD: Now Get Up To 7.25%
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
- Travel Himachal Pradesh's Best Winter Destinations
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch a host of SUVs in the Indian market. This includes the T-Roc premium mid-size SUV. The Volkswagen T-Roc was brought to the Indian shores in limited numbers.
However, due to the overwhelming response received in the country, the company is bringing the second batch of T-Roc SUVs to our market. According to the recent report from Overdrive, the company will be relaunching the T-Roc on April 1, 2021.
Once launched, the T-Roc will be placed between the upcoming Taigun and the Tiguan 5-seater models. Both these models will be launched by the brand later in the year — here are all details of the brand's launch strategy.
Coming back to the T-Roc, it was first launched in March 2020 in India. At the time of launch, the company brought in only 1,000 examples of the SUV. It retailed at an attractive price tag of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The T-Roc was brought to the country as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. It will continue to be a CBU model in the second-batch as well.
Ahead of its official launch, the pricing of the 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc has been leaked. The upcoming SUV is expected to retail at Rs 21.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This makes the 2021 model Rs 1.36 lakh expensive than the previous model.
Apart from the new price tag, the SUV is expected to remain identical to the 2020 model. The SUV will continue to be sold in a single engine and transmission option and also in one fully-loaded variant. The SUV will continue to be powered by a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 148bhp and 240Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 8.4 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 205km/h.
Some of the highlighted features of the T-Roc SUV includes LED projector headlamps 17-inch alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, LED taillights, faux skid plates, a 10.25-inch ‘virtual cockpit' digital instrument cluster, and an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and AppleCarPlay.
Other features include leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, dual-tone alloy wheels, automatic climate control, ambient lighting, push-button start/stop, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, tyre pressure monitoring system and more.
Thoughts About The 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Expected Launch Date Revealed
The T-Roc SUV has been well-received in the Indian market. The first batch of SUV was sold out within months after its launch. However, the 2021 Model Year of the SUV is all set to get dearer. Whether T-Roc will receive the same overwhelming response from the market this time remains to be seen.