- 28 min ago Maruti Suzuki Sells Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Cars: 1.57 Lakh Cars Sold In FY20-21
- 12 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 13 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 13 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- News West Bengal assembly election 2021: Congress candidate Rezaul Haque from Samsherganj seat dies of Covid-19
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion Spotted On Geekbench; Official Teaser Out In India
- Finance 7th Pay Commission: How Restoration of DA Will Change 7th Pay Commission Matrix?
- Lifestyle Malaika Arora, Aditi Rao Hydari, And Other Divas Inspire Us To Up Our Denim Jeans Style
- Sports IPL 2021: SRH vs RCB Match Analysis: Glenn Maxwell redeems himself
- Movies Rahul Roy And His Family Test Positive For COVID-19; Actor Says They Hadn't Even Stepped Out Of Home
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch a host of SUVs in the Indian market. This includes the T-Roc premium mid-size SUV. The Volkswagen T-Roc was brought to the Indian shores in limited numbers.
However, due to the overwhelming response received in the country, the company is bringing the second batch of T-Roc SUVs to our market. According to the recent report from Overdrive, the company will be relaunching the T-Roc on April 1, 2021.
Once launched, the T-Roc will be placed between the upcoming Taigun and the Tiguan 5-seater models. Both these models will be launched by the brand later in the year — here are all details of the brand's launch strategy.
Coming back to the T-Roc, it was first launched in March 2020 in India. At the time of launch, the company brought in only 1,000 examples of the SUV. It retailed at an attractive price tag of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The T-Roc was brought to the country as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. It will continue to be a CBU model in the second-batch as well.
Ahead of its official launch, the pricing of the 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc has been leaked. The upcoming SUV is expected to retail at Rs 21.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This makes the 2021 model Rs 1.36 lakh expensive than the previous model.
Apart from the new price tag, the SUV is expected to remain identical to the 2020 model. The SUV will continue to be sold in a single engine and transmission option and also in one fully-loaded variant. The SUV will continue to be powered by a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 148bhp and 240Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 8.4 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 205km/h.
Some of the highlighted features of the T-Roc SUV includes LED projector headlamps 17-inch alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, LED taillights, faux skid plates, a 10.25-inch ‘virtual cockpit' digital instrument cluster, and an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and AppleCarPlay.
Other features include leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, dual-tone alloy wheels, automatic climate control, ambient lighting, push-button start/stop, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, tyre pressure monitoring system and more.
Thoughts About The 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Expected Launch Date Revealed
The T-Roc SUV has been well-received in the Indian market. The first batch of SUV was sold out within months after its launch. However, the 2021 Model Year of the SUV is all set to get dearer. Whether T-Roc will receive the same overwhelming response from the market this time remains to be seen.