- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Volkswagen is gearing up to launch a host of SUVs in the Indian market. This includes the T-Roc premium mid-size SUV. The Volkswagen T-Roc was brought to the Indian shores in limited numbers.
However, due to the overwhelming response received in the country, the company is bringing the second batch of T-Roc SUVs to our market. According to the recent report from Overdrive, the company will be relaunching the T-Roc on April 1, 2021.
Once launched, the T-Roc will be placed between the upcoming Taigun and the Tiguan 5-seater models. Both these models will be launched by the brand later in the year — here are all details of the brand's launch strategy.
Coming back to the T-Roc, it was first launched in March 2020 in India. At the time of launch, the company brought in only 1,000 examples of the SUV. It retailed at an attractive price tag of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). The T-Roc was brought to the country as (CBU) Completely Built-Up units. It will continue to be a CBU model in the second-batch as well.
Ahead of its official launch, the pricing of the 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc has been leaked. The upcoming SUV is expected to retail at Rs 21.35 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This makes the 2021 model Rs 1.36 lakh expensive than the previous model.
Apart from the new price tag, the SUV is expected to remain identical to the 2020 model. The SUV will continue to be sold in a single engine and transmission option and also in one fully-loaded variant. The SUV will continue to be powered by a 1.5-litre TSI petrol engine that produces 148bhp and 240Nm of torque.
The engine comes mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit as standard. Volkswagen claims that the T-Roc can accelerate from 0 to 100km/h in 8.4 seconds and continue to reach a top speed of 205km/h.
Some of the highlighted features of the T-Roc SUV includes LED projector headlamps 17-inch alloy wheels, flared wheel arches, LED taillights, faux skid plates, a 10.25-inch ‘virtual cockpit' digital instrument cluster, and an eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto and AppleCarPlay.
Other features include leather upholstery, a panoramic sunroof, dual-tone alloy wheels, automatic climate control, ambient lighting, push-button start/stop, multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, tyre pressure monitoring system and more.
Thoughts About The 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc Expected Launch Date Revealed
The T-Roc SUV has been well-received in the Indian market. The first batch of SUV was sold out within months after its launch. However, the 2021 Model Year of the SUV is all set to get dearer. Whether T-Roc will receive the same overwhelming response from the market this time remains to be seen.