- 1 day ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- Technology Amazon Prime Day Sale 2021: Discount Offer On Top Trending Smartphones
- Movies Veteran Actress Savita Bajaj, Who Was In Dire Need Of Financial Help, Gets Discharged From Hospital
- Sports India vs Sri Lanka 1st T20I: Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav star in India's 38-run win over Sri Lanka
- News PM Modi cleared roadblocks to NE peace, development: Amit Shah
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has announced the global bestseller, which is the new Volkswagen Tiguan as the fourth SUV under its SUVW Strategy. Moreover, the company has now showcased its complete range of SUVs for the Indian market for the year 2021, taking a significant step towards its objective of gaining a 3 per cent market share in the country.
However, the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace have been a testament to the brand's sustainable product strategy. Keeping this momentum, Volkswagen India is all set to introduce the second batch of award-winning SUVWs the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace.
Adding more context on the developments, Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "2021 is an important year for the brand as we fulfil our promise of introducing four-new SUVs. We've been working relentlessly towards strengthening our existing offerings and our upcoming products, the Tiguan and Tiguan will further enhance our presence in the Indian market. The customers' demand for different body styles is on the rise and we look forward to contributing in meeting this growing demand in India with our strong, reliable and sustainable product strategy."
Volkswagen is gearing up for its biggest launch of 2021, the Volkswagen Taigun, the first product based on the MQB A0 IN platform. Staying aligned to the SUVW strategy, the brand has undertaken several initiatives that will be implemented and executed in phases in the coming months.
Moreover, the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace, which was introduced in 2020, has received a phenomenal response in the Indian market. T-Roc which was launched in March 2020, was sold out within two months of unlocking in India.
Volkswagen is all set to unveil the production-spec model of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The company will take the wraps of the Taigun SUV on March 31, 2021. Ahead of its launch, the company has released multiple teasers of the upcoming SUV's arrival in the Indian market.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Thoughts About Volkswagen India Announces Its Biggest Product Line-Up Under The SUVW Strategy
The Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company is expected to price the Taigun aggressively because of localization. This will help the SUV compete against established segment rivals in the Indian market.