- 12 min ago TVS Apache RTR 160 4V & RTR 200 4V Prices Hiked Again This Year: Here Are The New Prices!
- 1 hr ago Maruti Suzuki Sells Most Number Of Factory-Fitted CNG Cars: 1.57 Lakh Cars Sold In FY20-21
- 13 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 14 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit Nene Looks Splendid In A Pink Metallic Lehenga And It’s Price Can Afford You A Foreign Trip!
- News List of states that have cancelled, postponed Class 10, 12 board exams
- Sports AFC Champions League 2021: Gritty FC Goa hold formidable Al Rayyan
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Says Partial Lockdown In Maharashtra Will Affect Schedules, 'But Shall Prevail Eventually'
- Finance LIC's Alert: Don't Attend To Calls From Unverified Sources
- Technology Moto G60, Moto G40 Fusion Spotted On Geekbench; Official Teaser Out In India
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has announced the global bestseller, which is the new Volkswagen Tiguan as the fourth SUV under its SUVW Strategy. Moreover, the company has now showcased its complete range of SUVs for the Indian market for the year 2021, taking a significant step towards its objective of gaining a 3 per cent market share in the country.
However, the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace have been a testament to the brand's sustainable product strategy. Keeping this momentum, Volkswagen India is all set to introduce the second batch of award-winning SUVWs the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace.
Adding more context on the developments, Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "2021 is an important year for the brand as we fulfil our promise of introducing four-new SUVs. We've been working relentlessly towards strengthening our existing offerings and our upcoming products, the Tiguan and Tiguan will further enhance our presence in the Indian market. The customers' demand for different body styles is on the rise and we look forward to contributing in meeting this growing demand in India with our strong, reliable and sustainable product strategy."
Volkswagen is gearing up for its biggest launch of 2021, the Volkswagen Taigun, the first product based on the MQB A0 IN platform. Staying aligned to the SUVW strategy, the brand has undertaken several initiatives that will be implemented and executed in phases in the coming months.
Moreover, the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace, which was introduced in 2020, has received a phenomenal response in the Indian market. T-Roc which was launched in March 2020, was sold out within two months of unlocking in India.
Volkswagen is all set to unveil the production-spec model of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The company will take the wraps of the Taigun SUV on March 31, 2021. Ahead of its launch, the company has released multiple teasers of the upcoming SUV's arrival in the Indian market.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Thoughts About Volkswagen India Announces Its Biggest Product Line-Up Under The SUVW Strategy
The Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company is expected to price the Taigun aggressively because of localization. This will help the SUV compete against established segment rivals in the Indian market.