- 23 min ago Mahindra Thar Adorned With Amitabh Bachchan Dialogues Grabs The Attention Of Mahindra Chairman
- 5 hrs ago Ola Hypercharger Launched: Test Rides For Ola Electric Scooters Will Commence From November 10
- 2 days ago Dual-Tone Colours For TVS Radeon Launched Ahead Of Festive Season; Priced Slightly Higher
- 2 days ago Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Technology iQOO 8, iQOO 8 Legend India Launch Imminent; What All To Expect?
- News Coimbatore: KMCH opens 750-bed Medical College General Hospital
- Sports T20 World Cup 2021: Virender Sehwag comes out in support of Mohammad Shami following online attack on pacer
- Travel Top Ten Winter Destinations In Odisha
- Finance PhonePe Starts Charging Transaction Fees on Mobile Recharge
- Movies Aryan Khan Drugs Case: Ananya Panday Fails To Appear Before NCB
- Education ICAR AIEEA 2021 Score Card Released, Here’s How To Check ICAR AIEEA UG, PG, PhD Scores Provisional Here
- Lifestyle Karwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
Volkswagen Passenger Cars India has announced the global bestseller, which is the new Volkswagen Tiguan as the fourth SUV under its SUVW Strategy. Moreover, the company has now showcased its complete range of SUVs for the Indian market for the year 2021, taking a significant step towards its objective of gaining a 3 per cent market share in the country.
However, the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace have been a testament to the brand's sustainable product strategy. Keeping this momentum, Volkswagen India is all set to introduce the second batch of award-winning SUVWs the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace.
Adding more context on the developments, Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, "2021 is an important year for the brand as we fulfil our promise of introducing four-new SUVs. We've been working relentlessly towards strengthening our existing offerings and our upcoming products, the Tiguan and Tiguan will further enhance our presence in the Indian market. The customers' demand for different body styles is on the rise and we look forward to contributing in meeting this growing demand in India with our strong, reliable and sustainable product strategy."
Volkswagen is gearing up for its biggest launch of 2021, the Volkswagen Taigun, the first product based on the MQB A0 IN platform. Staying aligned to the SUVW strategy, the brand has undertaken several initiatives that will be implemented and executed in phases in the coming months.
Moreover, the T-Roc and Tiguan Allspace, which was introduced in 2020, has received a phenomenal response in the Indian market. T-Roc which was launched in March 2020, was sold out within two months of unlocking in India.
Volkswagen is all set to unveil the production-spec model of the Taigun SUV in the Indian market. The company will take the wraps of the Taigun SUV on March 31, 2021. Ahead of its launch, the company has released multiple teasers of the upcoming SUV's arrival in the Indian market.
The company has also confirmed that the Taigun will be powered by a pair of TSI turbo-petrol engines. The 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine will produce a maximum power of 108bhp at 5500rpm, and a peak torque of 175Nm at 1750rpm. On the other hand, the 1.5-litre turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 148bhp at 5000rpm, and a peak torque of 240Nm at 1500rpm.
Thoughts About Volkswagen India Announces Its Biggest Product Line-Up Under The SUVW Strategy
The Volkswagen Taigun will be the brand's entry-level SUV offering in the Indian market. The company is expected to price the Taigun aggressively because of localization. This will help the SUV compete against established segment rivals in the Indian market.