- 20 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- News Punjab Congress chief Sunil Jakhar takes a dig at G-23 leaders
- Movies Mayakkan Enna Actress Richa Gangopadhyay To Welcome Her First Child Soon!
- Sports Former India speedster Salil Ankola tests positive for COVID-19
- Technology iQOONeo 5 Official Teaser Poster Reveals March 16 Launch Date; Expected Price, Specs
- Education AISSEE Result 2021: NTA To Release Sainik School Entrance Exam Result 2021 Anytime Soon
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Finance Best Fixed Deposits For Senior Citizens With Good Returns Up To 7.75%
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
American electric manufacturer, Tesla Inc., has revealed the 2021 Model S electric sedan globally. The company has made several changes on its flagship electric sedan. This includes new powertrain and updated made to the interior and exteriors of the sedan.
Starting with the powertrain of the updated electric sedan, it is offered in three variants, which are Performance trims called the Plaid and the Plaid+ and the Long Range variant. The Plaid and the Plaid+ features three electric motors, while the long-range model features dual electric motors mounted on either axel.
The Model S features a standard 100 kWh Lithium-Ion battery. The Plaid and Plaid+ will be capable of offering a driving range of 627Km and 837Km on a single battery charge, respectively.
Using three electric motors, the Plaid+ produces 1,100bhp and can accelerate from 0 to 100kmph in under 2 seconds. This makes it the world's fastest production car. On the other hand, the powertrain on the Plaid produces a 1,020bhp with a 0 to 100kmph time just over 2 seconds.
Finally, the Long Range variant produces a 670bhp and can reach from 0 to 100kmph in 3.1 seconds. Also, the long-range model boasts a driving range of 663 kilometres on a single battery charge.
Charging options on the Tesla Model S includes an on-board 11.5 kW charger, which can juice-up the sedan car from 0-100 per cent between 6 and 9 hours. However, using the brand fast-charging stations called the Superchargers, which features a maximum output of 250 kW and can charge the Model S completely between 30 minutes and 90 minutes.
Speaking about the design changes made to the exterior of the Model S, it now features a revised front bumper, the alloy wheel design and the finish has been changed, and subtle changes have been made to the bonnet as well. However, the rest of the features have been carried forward from the older model.
On the inside of the 2021 Model S features a host of changes over the previous model. It features an all-new layout with wood or carbon-fibre finished dashboard. It also features a large 17-inch touchscreen unit with a processing power of 10 teraflops.
The image released by the company showcases the infotainment unit running the popular fantasy RPG game Witcher 3. The screen can be tilted towards the driver or passenger on the go. The rear seats also get a separate 8-inch system that displays various entertainment and comfort options.
However, the biggest change on the inside has to be the new steering wheel that looks inspired by the aeroplanes. The steering column does not feature any stalks for lights and wipers. It has been replaced by the touch-sensitive buttons.
The Tesla Model S retails at a starting price of USD 74,490. While the Plaid and the Plaid+ performance variants cost USD 114,490 and USD 134,490, respectively. The deliveries of the 2021 Model S is said to start from next month.
Tesla Inc. is all set to start its operation in India. The automaker's arrival was imminent after recent reports suggesting bookings for electric cars to be open from this month in the country — here are all details.
Thoughts About The 2021 Tesla Model S Revealed Globally
The Tesla Model S showcases the electric powertrain's instant torque to become the world's fastest production car. The interiors have also become a lot more functional and futuristic with all the changes made to the new model.