- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 17 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 20 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Finance Bank of England Keeps UK Interest Rates At Record Low Of 0.1 Percent
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
The US-based electric automotive manufacturer, Tesla Inc, is all set to start its operation in India. The automaker's arrival was imminent after recent reports suggesting bookings for electric cars to be open from this month in the country.
Tesla has now registered its first office and R&D centre in Bengaluru. The news has come to light via a government document which provides more information about the newly registered office.
It is registered under the name "TESLA INDIA MOTORS AND ENERGY PRIVATE LIMITED". The company has also appointed three directors for the R&D office Vaibhav Taneja, Venkatrangam Sreeram and David Jon Feinstein. They were appointed on January 8, 2021.
Commenting on the arrival, the chief minister of Karnataka, B S Yediyurappa tweeted "Karnataka will lead India's journey towards Green Mobility. Electric Vehicle Manufacturer Tesla will soon start its operations in India with an R&D unit in Bengaluru. I welcome @elonmusk to India & Karnataka and wish him all the very best."
According to a recent report, the company will launch its first car in June 2021. The report also states that the bookings for the Model 3 will open in January 2021. Tesla started accepting booking for Model 3 back in the year 2016. However, due to the EV policies and import duties, the launch has been delayed in the country.
Back in 2016, there were a few customers from India who booked the electric car. This includes Vijay Sekhar Sharma founder of PayTM, Vishal Gondal of GOQii and Sujayath Ali from Voonik; among others.
Tesla would start its electric car sales by bringing its most affordable vehicle, the Model 3. The electric car features a driving range of over 500 kilometres on a single charge, depending on the variant. It also features good performance figures with 0 to 100km/h acceleration time rated at under 3.5 seconds.
Along with the enhanced practicality with long driving range, the Tesla Model 3 also comes packed with features. The highlight cabin is its large centrally-mounted tablet-inspired touchscreen infotainment display. It will provide the driver with a host of stats including charge status and nearby charging stations.
Thoughts About The Tesla R&D Unit Registered In Bangalore
With Tesla registering its first office and the R&D unit in India, the automaker's operations seem to have fast-tracked in the country. Tesla fans in India have been waiting for years to purchase electric cars owning to its enhanced range and impressively fast charging times. Once launched, the Tesla Model 3 will rival the Mercedes-Benz EQC, the upcoming Jaguar I-Pace, the Audi e-Tron and the Volvo XC40 Recharge.