- 7 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 8 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 10 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Sports T20 World Cup: It was world class performance from Zampa: Finch
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question That Stumped Kumar Saurav On The Show?
- News Narendra Modi govt making coastal security impenetrable: Amit Shah
- Education MHT CET 2021 Toppers List: 28 Students Emerge As Toppers, Score 100 Percentile In Maharashtra CET
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Mahindra is gearing up to launch a slew of vehicles in the Indian market. This includes the much-awaited XUV700, the next-generation Scorpio and the highly-speculated Thar base-spec variant. Ahead of their launch, all these SUVs have been spotted testing in the country.
A new set of spy images posted on the TeamBHP Forum reveals several test mules from Mahindra testing in Himachal Pradesh. The images reveal two test mules of the Scorpio and the three test mules of the XUV700, that are completely camouflaged.
The images also reveal two test mules of the Thar off-road SUV not wearing any camouflage. These test mules could be the new base-spec variant of the off-road SUV, which is speculated to launch later in the Indian market.
According to a recent media report, Mahindra is said to be working on a new base variant of the Thar off-road SUV. It will be a lighter version of the outgoing model with a major change in its mechanical setup. It is expected to be offered with 2WD as standard, which is targeted towards the Urban use — here are all the details.
Moving to the new-generation Scorpio, it will be receiving major updates from Mahindra including an all-new design. The upcoming SUV will feature a bigger footprint than the outgoing model, and is expected to receive 4X4 hardware to enhance its off-road capabilities.
The new Scorpio will also receive a new front fascia which will include a new grille, bumper and redesigned headlamps with DRLs. The taillamp, alloy wheel and rear bumper is also expected to undergo revision giving the SUV a new overall exterior design.
The next-gen Scorpio is likely to be offered with petrol and diesel engine options borrowed from the new-gen Mahindra Thar. This includes the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo petrol unit and the 2.2-litre ‘mHawk' diesel unit. Both engines will come with a manual gearbox as standard and an optional torque converter automatic.
Moving to the upcoming XUV700, which was also spotted testing with the Scorpio and the Thar. The Mahindra XUV700 is expected to be launched sometime in October 2021. Ahead of its launch, the company seems to have fast-tracked the testing process of the SUV.
According to the company, the XUV700 will feature a ton of features and technology. The SUV has been spotted testing in India several times revealing some of its features before the launch. This includes the Level 1 autonomous technology with automatic parking, lane-change assist and more.
On the inside, the XUV700 will feature a big slab of glass on the dashboard. It seamlessly integrates the digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system of the SUV. We can expect the instrument cluster to offer superior levels of customizations.
Likewise, the infotainment touchscreen unit is also expected to be a vastly improved unit with a new UI/UX. It will also support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Android Auto Apple CarPlay. The infotainment unit will also feature eSim-based internet connectivity for a seamless connection — here are more details.
It will be offered with both petrol and diesel engine options along with manual and automatic transmission options as well. However, there are rumours that XUV700 could be offered with a total of three diesel engine options.
Thoughts About The New Mahindra Scorpio, XUV700 & Thar Spied Testing Together In Himachal Pradesh
Mahindra gearing up to launch a host of new SUVs in the Indian market. Some will receive the much needed next-generation update from the brand. While some of the launches will be all-new models from the brand. Overall, Mahindra is keeping everyone eagerly waiting for upcoming product launches in the country.