- 14 hrs ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- 14 hrs ago Rs 18,100 Crore Production Linked Incentive Scheme For ACC Batteries Approved
- 14 hrs ago Yamaha R7 Images Leaked Ahead Of Launch: Global Reveal On 18 May
- 15 hrs ago 2021 Kia Sonet & Seltos Deliveries Started Across India: Waiting Periods Set To Increase
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Movies Dhanush's D43: Here Is An Exciting Update On The Karthick Naren Directorial!
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Lifestyle Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Mahindra is gearing up to launch the new SUV called the XUV700 in the Indian market. The company had informed earlier that the XUV700 will hit the showrooms by the Q2 FY2022. However, a more approximate launch timeline of the upcoming SUV has been revealed.
According to the report from Autocar India, the Mahindra XUV700 is expected to be launched sometime in October 2021. Once launched, the XUV700 will be placed above the outgoing XUV500.
As a result, the Mahindra XUV700 will be loaded with new technologies and features. It will also have a bigger footprint and longer wheelbase as compared to the outgoing XUV500. The upcoming SUV has been spied several times revealing some of its features.
Images are for representation purpose only
The Mahindra XUV700 will be manufactured at the company's production facility at Chakan in Maharashtra. The company also states that the XUV700 will also come with world-class safety features. This includes the Level 1 autonomous technology with automatic parking, lane-change assist and more.
On the inside, we expect the XUV700 to be loaded with features. This includes a big slab of glass that seamlessly integrates the digital instrument cluster and the touchscreen infotainment system. Expect the instrument cluster to offer superior levels of customizations.
Likewise, the infotainment touchscreen unit is also expected to be a vastly improved unit with a new UI/UX. It will also support wireless smartphone connectivity such as Android Auto Apple CarPlay.
The infotainment unit will be powered by eSim-based internet connectivity. To top it off, the XUV700 is expected to feature a voice assistant to control various features of the SUV via voice command.
The XUV700 could be offered in 6 and 7 seating configurations. The 6-seater will feature captain seats in the middle row, while the 7-seater models will feature a bench seat to provide maximum practicality.
Other features that are expected to on the XUV700 include, LED lighting all around with corner lighting, all-around body cladding, function roof rails, a panoramic sunroof, muscular-looking bonnet, multiple climate control, steering mounted controls, power-operated seats with ventilation.
Mahindra has also confirmed that the XUV700 will be offered in both diesel and petrol engine options. Both engines will be offered in manual and automatic gearbox options. Additionally, the new SUV will also be offered with an optional all-wheel-drive system for enhanced off-road capabilities.
The engine options on the XUV700 is expected to be a powerful version of the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel and the 2.0-litre T-GDi turbo-petrol engines seen on the Mahindra Thar. Both engines will be offered with either a 6-speed manual or 6-speed torque converter automatic gearboxes along with an optional four-wheel-drive system.
Also, commenting on the future of XUV500 in the Indian market, the company has confirmed that it will temporarily discontinue the outgoing SUV soon after the XUV700's launch. We expect the company to revive the XUV500 as the five-seater version of the XUV700 in the Indian market. Mahindra has also registered the XUV900 name in the country — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 Launch Timeline Revealed
The upcoming Mahindra XUV700 is expected to come loaded with a host of technologies and features. It will also be a more premium offering from the brand. Once launched, the Mahindra XUV700 will rival the upcoming Hyundai Alcazar, MG Hector Plus and the Tata Safari in the Indian market.