- 1 hr ago Skoda Kushaq Will Receive A New Fuel Pump; Plans For A Recall & Replacements To Be Made Free Of Cost
- 5 hrs ago Ola Electric Scooter Portal To Open On November 1. Pre-Bookings Open
- 8 hrs ago Skoda Rapid Rider Plus Variant Discontinued In India: Base Automatic Variant Price Increases
- 21 hrs ago Mahindra XUV300 To Get A 130 Bhp Petrol Engine; The Most Powerful In Its Segment
- Sports IPL 2021: We will focus on our process in every match: Delhi Capitals' captain Rishabh Pant
- News Governance in Punjab biggest casualty in Congress's 'Game of Thrones': AAP
- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 11: Did Rohit Shetty Accidentally Hint Towards The Winner's Name?
- Finance Indian Gold Rates Today Quoted At Rs. 45,390, Showing Downward Trend, Should You Buy?
- Education Schools In Rajasthan To Reopen For Classes 6 To 8 From September 20
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 4G Might Discontinued In India Soon
- Travel 8 Appealing Winter Holiday Destinations In India
- Lifestyle Is Hypertension Linked To Erectile Dysfunction?
MG Motor India has announced that its manufacturing facility will be temporarily shut due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the country. The brand's manufacturing facility in Halol Gujurat will remain shut between April 29 to May 5, 2021.
The company has taken the decision to safeguard its workforce from the current rapid spread of the deadly virus. The Covid-19 virus is spreading at a rapid pace again. As a result, there has been a sharp increase in affected patients across the country.
MG Motor India had also announced that it is collaborating with Devnandan Gases to increase medical oxygen supply. It will address specific areas of the manufacturing process such as infrastructure expansion and the elimination of major losses with lean principles. This process will help in increasing the production capacity by 25 per cent — here are all details.
The company also announced earlier that the waiting period for its cars sold in the country. According to the statement, customers will have to wait between 2 and 3 months before taking delivery of their cars.
According to the company, the delay in deliveries is due to the growing demand for MG vehicles in the country. However, the current shortage of semiconductors could also be one of the reasons for the delay in production. Now, with seven non-prodcution days, the waiting period could increase in the country.
The company entered the Indian market back in the year 2019 with the launch of the Hector SUV. Hector was well-received in the Indian market and cemented the brand in the country. The company then turned to the growing demand for electric vehicles by launching the ZS EV electric SUV. MG is providing a host of charging solution for ZS EV customers and offer hassle-free ownership.
The company later introduced its flagship SUV, the Gloster. MG gave the Gloster all the bells and whistles, which made the SUV India's first car to feature Level 1 autonomous technology. MG calls it the (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance System.
Catering to a growing demand for three-row SUVs in the Indian market, the company added an extra row of seating to the Hector SUV and launched it as the Hector Plus. The Hector, Hector Plus and the ZS EV models have all been recently updated to the 2021 Model Year with few much-needed upgrades.
Thoughts About MG Motor India Shuts Down Temporarily Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
MG Motor India becomes the latest automaker to announce a temporary halt in its production operation in the country. Automotive brands are taking a stand against the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic to safeguard their workforce from the deadly virus. It is certainly commendable!