- 1 hr ago Omega Seiki Electric Three-Wheelers With Log 9 Battery Pack Takes 30 Minutes For Full Charge
- 2 hrs ago Piaggio India Opens 100 dealerships In 100 Days: A New Milestone Achieved!
- 3 hrs ago White Carbon Motors GT5 Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago The Largest Business Jet Gets Features From Rafale Fighter: Dassault Falcon 10X Unveiled
- Sports FIFA details $5M handed to players claiming unpaid salaries
- Finance 11 Top 5G Tech Stocks To Invest In India 2021 Which May Become Multibaggers In This Decade
- Lifestyle Priyanka Chopra Jonas’ Goddess Kali Jacket Has Gone Viral; Some Don’t Like It But We Love It; Details Inside!
- Movies Nick Jonas Spills A Bedroom Secret Of Him And Wife Priyanka Chopra And Its Unmissable
- News Major Opposition parties write to PM Modi, demand free mass vaccination, suspension of Central Vista project
- Education Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Know The Significance Behind The Celebration Of This Festival
- Travel Places To Visit In Puducherry In May 2021
- Technology Poco M3 Pro 5G Launch Scheduled On May 19; Another Rebranded Redmi Smartphone?
MG Motor India has announced that its manufacturing facility will be temporarily shut due to the rise in Covid-19 cases in the country. The brand's manufacturing facility in Halol Gujurat will remain shut between April 29 to May 5, 2021.
The company has taken the decision to safeguard its workforce from the current rapid spread of the deadly virus. The Covid-19 virus is spreading at a rapid pace again. As a result, there has been a sharp increase in affected patients across the country.
MG Motor India had also announced that it is collaborating with Devnandan Gases to increase medical oxygen supply. It will address specific areas of the manufacturing process such as infrastructure expansion and the elimination of major losses with lean principles. This process will help in increasing the production capacity by 25 per cent — here are all details.
The company also announced earlier that the waiting period for its cars sold in the country. According to the statement, customers will have to wait between 2 and 3 months before taking delivery of their cars.
According to the company, the delay in deliveries is due to the growing demand for MG vehicles in the country. However, the current shortage of semiconductors could also be one of the reasons for the delay in production. Now, with seven non-prodcution days, the waiting period could increase in the country.
The company entered the Indian market back in the year 2019 with the launch of the Hector SUV. Hector was well-received in the Indian market and cemented the brand in the country. The company then turned to the growing demand for electric vehicles by launching the ZS EV electric SUV. MG is providing a host of charging solution for ZS EV customers and offer hassle-free ownership.
The company later introduced its flagship SUV, the Gloster. MG gave the Gloster all the bells and whistles, which made the SUV India's first car to feature Level 1 autonomous technology. MG calls it the (ADAS) Advanced Driver Assistance System.
Catering to a growing demand for three-row SUVs in the Indian market, the company added an extra row of seating to the Hector SUV and launched it as the Hector Plus. The Hector, Hector Plus and the ZS EV models have all been recently updated to the 2021 Model Year with few much-needed upgrades.
Thoughts About MG Motor India Shuts Down Temporarily Due To Covid-19 Pandemic
MG Motor India becomes the latest automaker to announce a temporary halt in its production operation in the country. Automotive brands are taking a stand against the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic to safeguard their workforce from the deadly virus. It is certainly commendable!