- 7 hrs ago Piaggio Opens EV Three Wheeler Experience Centre in Mumbai
- 7 hrs ago Tata Motors Unveils 21 New Commercial Vehicles Including An Electric Bus
- 9 hrs ago Bajaj Pulsar N250 and F250 Launched in India — Prices Start At Rs 1.38 Lakh
- 12 hrs ago Hero Electric Opens New Dealership In Mysore — Second Showroom In Sandalwood City
- Sports T20 World Cup: It was world class performance from Zampa: Finch
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 13: Can You Answer The Rs 50 Lakh Question That Stumped Kumar Saurav On The Show?
- News Narendra Modi govt making coastal security impenetrable: Amit Shah
- Education MHT CET 2021 Toppers List: 28 Students Emerge As Toppers, Score 100 Percentile In Maharashtra CET
- Technology Redmi Note 11, Note 11 Pro, And Redmi Note 11 Pro+ Officially Unveiled; Price, Expected India Launch Date
- Finance 7th CPC: DR Hiked To 31% For Central Government Pensioners/Family Pensioners
- Lifestyle Halloween 2021: Front Man And The VIP Guests’ Mask Costumes From Squid Game Discussed Spoilers Inside
- Travel Karnataka's Ten Best Winter Destinations
MG Motor India has partnered with Attero for the recycling of EV batteries in the country. The partnership is aimed at reusing and recycling the Li-ion batteries of EVs in India after their end-of-life.
Attero, India's largest electronic asset management company will be responsible for recycling batteries. The battery pack in electric vehicles will have a limited lifespan. After which, the battery pack will not be capable of storing the charge. As a result, it needs to be swapped for a new one at the end of its lifespan.
The processing of replacing the battery pack is relatively easy. The challenge comes when it needs to be recycled, without harming the environment. Cells in the battery pack will contain harmful acids and chemical, which can be life-threatening when in contact with a living being.
As a result, the partnership will ensure that the recycling of the battery pack will be done in the right manner. All the necessary process will be used in breaking down and disposing of the old battery. This way, the environment will remain unharmed.
Speaking on the occasion, Rajeev Chaba, President and Managing Director, MG Motor India, said, "We have been continuously working on expanding the ecosystem in the EV space, as one of the first entrants in the segment. The partnership with Attero gives our customers more confidence concerning the battery's end-of-life usage. The move will assist in responsible recycling and will further minimize the carbon footprint of ZS EV users while supporting the local economy."
Nitin Gupta, Attero's Chief Executive Officer, said, "We believe in sustainable approaches as we are committed to the ‘Clean India, Green India' vision. More people are purchasing EVs due to environmental concerns and are readily driving the adoption."
He further added, "At Attero, we are today enabling India to innovate more and disrupt the global paradigm while generating minimal e-waste, wherein we hold more than 30 global patents for our recycling technologies. We are delighted to join hands with MG and feel that Attero is the best match to the high-performance batteries provided in its vehicles."
The company currently sells the MG ZS EV electric SUV in the Indian market. Earlier in the year, the ZS EV received 2021 MY updated with a couple of upgrades and changes. The electric SUV is offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive. Both variants are priced at Rs 20.99 lakh and Rs 24.18 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The ZS EV's electric powertrain features a 3-phase permanent magnet mated to a 44.5kWh lithium-ion Hi-Tech battery pack. The electric powertrain produces 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque. It offers a maximum driving range of 419km on a single charge. MG Motor also claims that the 2021 ZS EV can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 8.5 seconds.
Charging the ZS EV can be done in five ways: standard wall mount charger, AC fast charging setup either at customer's homes or offices, 50Kw DC fast chargers at select MG outlets, public charging stations and roadside charging assistance options — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The MG Motor & Attero Partnership For EV Battery Recycling In India
MG Motor India has announced its second partnership in India for EV battery recycling in India. The ZS EV customers will have peace of mind knowing that the old batteries from the electric SUV will be disposed of without causing damage to the environment, that they are trying to protect by switching to e-mobility in the first place.