- 24 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Exports Two Million Vehicles From India: Read More To Find Out
- 1 day ago IMOTY 2021: All-New Royal Enfield Meteor 350 Wins The 2021 Indian Bike Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago ICOTY 2021: Third-Generation Hyundai i20 Wins The 2021 Indian Car Of The Year Award
- 1 day ago Bangalore’s First La Maison Citroen Showroom Launched: Here Are All The Details
- Movies Anil Kapoor Recalls How He Almost Killed Rahul Bose While Shooting For Dil Dhadakne Do; Says 'I Was Worried'
- News JNU allows final-year MPhil students on campus
- Finance Gross Value Added To Grow By 1.5% To 2% In Q4
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Global Variant To Use Snapdragon 678 SoC
- Education IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Analysis 2021, Check Difficulty Level
- Sports ATP Tour debutant Cerundolo makes history with dream Cordoba triumph
- Lifestyle Madhuri Dixit’s Glamorous Pictures In Shimmering Eye Shadow And Dark Pink Lipstick Leaves Us Speechless
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In March
MG Motor India has launched the 2021 ZS EV SUV in the Indian market. The new (2021) MG ZS EV SUV continues to be offered in two variants: Excite & Exclusive and now comes with a price tag of Rs 20.99 lakh and Rs 24.18 lakh, respectively. Both prices are ex-showroom (Delhi).
The new (2021) version of the ZS EV SUV carries forward the same design, with absolutely no changes. What has changed, however, is that the eight-inch touchscreen infotainment system now comes with the brand's ‘i-Smart 2.0' connected technology, along with a premium account for the Gaana app. The SUV also features a PM 2.5 air filter as well.
Having said that, the more significant changes have been made on the mechanical (or electrical) side of it. The 2021 MG ZS EV now features a 44.5kWh lithium-ion Hi-Tech battery pack.
The updated electric powertrain is now said to offer 141bhp and 353Nm of peak torque and claims to offer a maximum range of 419km on a single charge. MG Motor also claims that the 2021 ZS EV can sprint from 0 - 100km/h in just 8.5 seconds.
Charging the ZS EV can be done in five ways: standard wall mount charger, AC fast charging setup either at customer's homes or offices, 50Kw DC fast chargers at select MG outlets, public charging stations and roadside charging assistance options.
Apart from the mechanicals, the 2021 MG ZS EV now also comes with a raised ground clearance of 177mm, while the battery placement has been increased further to 205mm as well. This will allow the 2021 MG ZS EV to glide over any and all road and terrain conditions, as the company has now expanded the market of the electric SUV to 31 cities across India.
In terms of design and styling, the electric SUV continues to feature the same set of projector headlamps with the integrated circular LED DRLs at the front. The headlamps flank the chrome-studded grille mesh at the front, with a breathable ‘MG Logo' at its centre, behind which is the charging port for the SUV.
The electric SUV also continues to carry forward the same set of 17-inch machined alloy wheels at either end, housed in flared wheel arches. The side profile also showcases the silver-finished roof rails on top, while the rear houses a set of LED taillights. The SUV also comes with a large panoramic sunroof and electrically adjustable & foldable ORVMs with integrated turn indicators.
Inside as well, the 2021 MG ZS EV continues to have an unchanged dashboard layout, offering the same soft-touch materials all around, along with plenty of features, equipment and technology.
Thoughts On The 2021 MG ZS EV Launch In India
The 2021 MG ZS EV might not feature any major external or internal design and styling changes but does come with significant mechanical updates. The 2021 MG ZS EV continues to rival the likes of the Hyundai Kona EV and the Tata Nexon EV in the segment.