- 23 hrs ago Piaggio Ape HT Three-Wheelers Launched In India At Rs 2.24 Lakh: Cargo & Passenger CNG Available
- 1 day ago Dakar Rally 2022: Audi RS Q e-Tron Unveiled For The Rally Race: Battery Capacity, Specs & Other Details
- 1 day ago 2021 Tata Tiago NRG Launching Soon — Design, Features & Other Details
- 1 day ago SSC Tuatara’s 500+Km/h Top Speed Record Proven Wrong; SSC Admits To Botched Up Figures
- News WATCH: Himachal bridge hit by boulders rolling down hill
- Finance 3 Best Performing And High-Rated Gilt Funds To Start SIP In 2021
- Sports Tokyo Olympics: Tsitsipas taking inspiration from the gold medallist grandfather he has never met
- Movies Karan Johar: I Cannot Backslap Shah Rukh Khan; He Is A Very Spiritual Person [Flashback]
- Education CGBSE 12th Marksheet: Check CG 12th Result Name Wise And Roll Number
- Lifestyle Cancer Centre Successfully Initiates Neuro-Monitoring Technique For Spinal Cord Surgery, A First In Mumbai
- Technology Vodafone-Idea Likely To Follow Airtel; Increase Tariffs Of Postpaid Plans
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In August
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are said to be working together introduce a couple of new cars in the Indian market. Both brands are expected to introduce their own version of a small car and an MPV in the country.
Note: Images used are for representation purpose only.
According to TeamBHP, a Toyota small car (codenamed: 560B) is said to be in the works. The new small car is expected to go on sale either by the end of this year or early 2022. The upcoming small car will be powered by a petrol engine.
However, it could be offered with a couple of alternative powertrain options. This includes the compact battery electric vehicle (BEV) platform. It could also be offered with the petrol-CNG engine options too.
Moving to the upcoming MPV, it will be an all-new model that will bridge the gap between Ertiga and the Innova Crysta. It is believed to be an all-new model and won't be a mere rebadge design. The new MPV is expected to be launched in the second quarter of 2022.
The upcoming MPV is expected to be launched with a host of powertrain options. This includes the current 1.5-litre mild-hybrid petrol-hybrid engine and a couple of upcoming powertrains that are being developed.
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno was recently spotted testing possibly testing the new Strong Hybrid Vehicles From Suzuki technology. It was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo held last year housed under the bonnet of a Swift hatchback — here are all details.
In addition to this, according to the recent reports, Maruti Suzuki might revive the 1.5-litre DDiS diesel engine. Due to the continued demand for the diesel powertrain in the BS6 era, the company is expected to soon announce the revival of its diesel engine updated to meet the latest emission standards in the country.
Adding more engine options will help widen the customer base for the upcoming MPV in the Indian market. Once launched the new MPV could rival the Mahindra Marazzo, which currently do not have any competition in the market. Maruti Suzuki and Toyota are yet to confirm the news of upcoming cars in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki & Toyota Partner To Develop Small Car & MPV For Indian Market
Maruti Suzuki and Toyota will be bringing in new cars catering to the current demand for small cars and MPV in the Indian market. The small car is expected to be offered as an electric vehicle to suit everyday urban commutes. On the other hand, the MPV is expected to be offered with a couple of engine and transmission options.