- 16 min ago Ola To Provide Oxygen Concentrators For Free: Partners With GiveIndia
- 1 hr ago Mahindra XUV900 Will Be The First Coupe SUV From The Brand: Here Are All Details
- 14 hrs ago Amara Raja Batteries Restarts Production After 10 Days: Amaron Is Back In Business
- 15 hrs ago Royal Enfield Sultan 650 Concept Based On Interceptor 650 Revealed By Neev Motorcycles
- News Why has the Lankan MP’s links to Kasargod come under the ambit of the Indian agencies
- Technology Why Is Airtel Not In Favour Of 5Gi Standard?
- Sports Checkmate COVID: Anand and 4 other GMs to play exhibition matches to raise COVID relief fund
- Movies Soha Ali Khan On Kareena And Saif's Second Son: Inaaya Is Going To Be An Amazing Older Sister
- Finance Sun Pharma To Make Eli Lilly's Covid Medicine: Shares Hit 52-Week High
- Education National Technology Day 2021: Why Is National Technology Day Celebrated On May 11th?
- Lifestyle Eid ul-Fitr 2021: Top 3 Festive Blue Kurta Sets For Eid Ft. Aahana Kumra, Dia Mirza, And Fatima Sana Shaikh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno has been spied testing in the country. The spy images from Shifting Gears, reveals a completely undisguised test mule of the premium hatchback. The test mule is also kitted with testing equipment connected to its wheels.
The equipment is then connected to a series of wires that are going inside a cabin through the rear windows. The entire setup on the test mule indicates to the fact that Maruti Suzuki could be testing a new hybrid engine on the premium hatchback.
The strain gauge apparatus fitted to the wheels could be measuring the regenerative braking features of the upcoming hybrid engine. The regenerative braking feature could help with an extended driving range on pure electric mode.
The new engine could feature a new 48V strong hybrid system, which will offer a better fuel economy than the current mild-hybrid system from the company. The new system is called the (SHEV) Strong Hybrid Electric Vehicle. The SHEV system includes a high capacity battery pack, which will enable it to have multiple modes such as full electric, engine boost, coasting and brake energy regeneration.
At the 2020 Auto Expo held earlier this year, Maruti Suzuki showcased the Swift hatchback with a strong hybrid system. The 1.2-litre petrol engine is coupled to a 10kW electric motor. The hybrid engine is rated to produce a maximum of 92bhp and a peak torque of 118Nm of combined output.
According to the company, the electric motor on the new engine will provide torque-assist, torque-fill, torque-boost and electric engine idling, which will help increase the fuel economy of the car substantially. Suzuki claims that the strong hybrid engine on the Swift would return a mileage of 32kmpl.
Also, the company had recently released a trailer for the Baleno premium hatchback. The teaser image quoted "BIG SURPRISE IS COMING SOON!", which could be the all-new variant of the hatchback with an all-new powertrain — here are all details.
Currently, the Baleno hatchback is offered two 1.2-litre petrol engines that feature different technology and also produces different power outputs. The 1.2-litre VVT engine producing 82bhp and 113Nm of torque.
While the top-spec 1.2-litre engine comes equipped with Dual VVT and the brand's mild-hybrid technology. It churns out 89bhp and 113Nm of torque — 7bhp higher than the other engine in its the line-up. Additionally, it will also return a better fuel economy due to the mild-hybrid system on the hatchback.
Maruti Suzuki has priced the Baleno between Rs 5.63 lakh and Rs 8.96 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The Maruti Suzuki Baleno rivals the Hyundai i20, the Tata Altroz, the Volkswagen Polo and the Honda Jazz; among others in the Indian market.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Baleno Hybrid Spied Testing Ahead Of India Launch
The Maruti Suzuki Baleno could receive an all-new engine next year. The strong hybrid technology which is expected to be used by the new engine will make the hatchback one among the most fuel-efficient cars sold in the Indian market. Whether it will be an all-new powertrain or an improved version of the current mild-hybrid system from the brand remains to be seen.