- 12 hrs ago ‘Built To Order’ Platform Allows For The Customisation Of Apache RR 310; First Batch Sold Out
- 18 hrs ago TVS Gearing Up For The Launch Of A New Scooter On October 7th; Rumours Point Towards Jupiter 125
- 20 hrs ago Pravaig Extinction MK2 India Launch First Phase In 2022: To Be Introduced As Fleet Service Initially
- 21 hrs ago Tata Motors Achieves 10000 Unit EV Sales Milestone; Dominates The EV Segment With 70% Market Share
- News PM Modi addresses 81st edition of Mann Ki Baat
- Finance Stablecoins Vs Altcoins: Difference Between Stablecoins And Altcoins
- Sports IPL 2021: Jason Holder calls on beaten Sunrisers to keep going for passionate fans
- Technology Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Great Offers On Google Pixel 4A, Infinix Hot 10s And Oppo A53s 5G
- Movies Super Singer Season 8 Winner: Anirudh Ravichander Has A Surprise In Store!
- Lifestyle From Suits To Skirt Sets, Divyanka Tripathi Dahiya Has Fashion Goals For Every Occasion
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 2
- Education UPSC CSE 2020: IAS Topper Tina Dabi’s Sister Ria Dabi Gets Rank 15 In Civil Services Exam
Maruti Suzuki recently announced that the Swift hatchback sales have crossed 23 lakh units mark. The company has achieved yet another milestone with the Swift. Along with the latest sales milestone, the Swift has secured another feather on its hat by becoming the best-selling car in Calendar Year 2020.
The company launched the Swift back in the year 2005 in the Indian market. With a production run of over 15 years, the company has sold the hatchback to 2.3 million customers in the country.
In the year 2010, Swift achieved 5 lakh sales milestone and doubled it within 3 years in the year 2013. The 15 lakh sales mark was reached in the year 2016, again 3 years after the previous 10 lakh milestone. However, after 4 years, the company has added 8 lakh new Swift customers in the country.
The year 2020 posed huge challenges to all automakers in the country with the sales slowdown and the Covid-19 pandemic. Despite the challenges, the company managed to register over 160,700 units in Calendar Year 2020,
Speaking on the milestone, Mr Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing & Sales), Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said, "Maruti Suzuki Swift has been the best-selling premium hatchback in the country for the past 15 years with over 2.3 million delighted customers. Despite the adverse impact of COVID-19, brand Swift sold over 160,700 units in CY 2020, emerging as the top brand in the pecking order."
He further added, "We take this opportunity to thank our loyal customers for their constant support and trust in the brand, Swift. I am confident that with continuous customer support Swift will successfully achieve many more milestones in future."
The Maruti Suzuki Swift is the only car to win the prestigious (ICOTY) Indian Car of the Year award three times for each of its generations. According to the company, 53% of Swift customers are below the age of 35 years. It has attracted customers with tech-savvy features, value-for-money offerings and sporty design.
The Swift hatchback is powered by a 1.2-litre four-cylinder petrol engine. It produces a maximum of 82bhp and a peak torque of 113Nm. The engine comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. While the top-spec variants are offered with an optional AMT transmission unit.
The company recently launched a limited-edition model of the Swift hatchback in the Indian market. Called the Swift LE retails with a starting price tag of Rs 5.44 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The hatchback comes with a whole host of cosmetic changes over the standard model — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Crossing 23 Lakh Units Milestone Mark In India
The Maruti Suzuki Swift was among the first hatchback in India to bring the performance factor into the table. After 15 years of being in production, the hatchback has received multiple updates and facelifts from the company. As a result, the hatchback offers the latest form of technology and features that appeal to the buyers in the segment.