- 1 min ago Largest EV Charging Station In India Opens In Gurugram: Charge Up To 100 EVs Simultaneously
- 3 hrs ago Connected Cars & Their Internet Requirements: Faster & More Secure Internet Tech Needed?
- 6 hrs ago Mercedes Partners With ProLogium To Develop Next-Gen Solid-State EV Batteries
- 7 hrs ago Here Is A List Of Genuine Accessories For Toyota Hilux In India: Scuff Plates, Canopy & More
- News Canada-US border: Bodies of Gujarati family that froze to death won't be brought back, relatives say
- Technology Realme 9 Pro+ Confirms The The Use Of 50MP Sony Sensor In A Cryptic Way
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Puducherry In Winter Of 2022
- Sports Australian Open: 'Novak will be watching' - Medvedev blocks path to record 21st slam for Nadal
- Finance These 2 Top-Ranked Liquid Funds Are Good To Start SIP In 2022
- Movies Ananya Panday: I Wanted An Ideal Man Who Would Be Madly In Love With Me And Look At Me With Love Struck Eyes
- Lifestyle NeoCov: Wuhan Scientists Warn of New Coronavirus Strain With High Death, Infection Rate
- Education Lala Lajpat Rai Birth Anniversary: Some Lesser-Known Facts About Punjab Kesari
Mahindra announces another key feature of the XUV700 ahead of its world premiere on August 14 at 4:00 PM. The upcoming SUV will feature Sony's premium 3D audio system. This will be India's first vehicle with Sony's inbuilt sound system using Sound Building Blocks.
The Sound Building Blocks from Sony is a 360 spatial sound technology, which enhances the overall audio experience. Sound engineers at Sony have tailor-made the audio system by tuning it specifically to match the XUV700's cabin.
The sound system setup includes:
- 13 channel DSP amplifier
- 12 custom-designed speakers including sub-woofer
- Audio output rated at 445W
- Sound Building Blocks from Sony
- Android Auto & Apple CarPlay
- E-sim based connected technology
- Voice assistant
- 6 & 7 seater configurations
- Powered & ventilated seats
- Ambient lighting
- Dual-zone climate control
The Sound Building Blocks technology enables a highly realistic 3D immersive spatial sound field from the stereo music source inside the XUV700. The 3D sound is available on all stereo sources such as radio, online streaming, USB or mobile phone.
The technology also offers unique sound settings that can be customized as per the passengers' preference.
Sony's 3D sound system also features DSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) technology that helps in improving the sound quality of compressed audio files. This technology also helps in SDVC (Speed Dependent Volume/EQ Control) for maintaining volume and tonal balance at any vehicle speed and volume to minimize the influence of outside noise.
Commenting on the announcement, Sunil Nayyar, Managing Director, Sony India, said, "This is a proud moment for Sony India as we are entering into a partnership in the automobile sector in India for the very first time and couldn't have chosen a better partner than the prestigious, home-grown company Mahindra."
He further added, "Sony has a robust foundation in innovation in the technology sector, and this collaboration will see us take our 3D spatial sound to consumers with an immersive next-generation audio experience wherever he travels."
Veejay Nakra, CEO, Automotive Division, M&M Ltd said, "At Mahindra, it has always been our endeavour to ensure that the latest technologies are available to our customers. We are excited to collaborate with Sony to present the XUV700 as India's first vehicle with Sony's inbuilt 3D sound system, which will set a new benchmark in-cabin acoustics. Our customers can enjoy the rich, spacious cabin acoustics for a truly immersive audio experience while on the road."
Apart from the audio system, the company will also be featuring a single slab of glass on the dashboard that integrates the fully digital instrument cluster and the brand's latest infotainment touchscreen displays. Both systems use Adrenox technology, which is the best in the business.
Other interior features:
The upcoming SUV is also expected to feature the best-in-class safety features such as Level 1 ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistance Systems), which includes features such as radar-guided cruise control, park assist and more.
Engine & Transmission
The XUV700 could be offered with a 2.0-litre turbo petrol engine producing around 200bhp and a 2.2-litre turbo diesel engine churning out 185bhp.
Both engines are expected to be offered with manual and automatic transmission options and possibly with paddle shifters.
The company has also announced that they will be launching an AWD (All-Wheel Drive) version of the XUV700 fr enthusiast buyers — here are other details of the XUV700 we know so far.
Thoughts About The Mahindra XUV700 Gets Sony Audio System
Mahindra is leaving no stone unturned with the upcoming XUV700 SUV as they claim it will the most advanced product from the brand. Having a premium audio system from Sony will enhance the in-cabin experience of the car, which also adds to the pleasant and airy feel.
The XUV700 is looking to give its rivals a run for the money. Once launched, the XUV700 will rival the Hyundai Alcazar, MG Hector Plus, Tata Safari and the upcoming Jeep Meridian.