- 7 hrs ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- 12 hrs ago Dubai Police Gets The New Toyota Land Cruiser LC300 — Rugged Workhorse Added To Exotic Fleet
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Duster Facelift Revealed: Will Renault Bring The New Duster To India?
- 1 day ago Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Technology Amazon Gaming Gadgets Sale: Discount Offer On Gaming Devices
- Sports Euro 2020: Slovakia vs Spain: Statistical Highlights: Enrique's side notch thumping 5-0 win to enter knockouts
- News PM Modi's meeting with Jammu and Kashmir leaders: Kashmir Valley on alert | Top Developments
- Movies Aparshakti Khurana Reveals If He Is Going To Be Strict Or Cool Dad
- Finance FMCG Companies Log Sales Growth After Unlock 2.0:
- Education Lucknow University To Offer Course In Philosophical Counselling
- Lifestyle Jyeshtha Purnima 2021: Muhurat, Rituals And Significance Of This Day
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In July
The Mahindra Thar has been a runaway success for the brand. The off-road SUV has been well-received in the home market. The company looked at launching the Thar in various international market including Australia.
Mahindra had begun to campaign for the launch of the new Thar by asking people down under to register their interest in the off-road SUV. The attempt had to be put on hold because the brand's arch-rival, Jeep filed a complaint against Mahindra in the Federal Court of Australia.
According to the complaint, Jeep claim that Mahindra Thar's design infringes the design of the old Jeep Wrangler. As a result, the Indian automaker should give them a 90-day notice period before starting to sell its compact off-road SUV in Australian markets.
In response to the objection filing, Mahindra stated that they are not looking to launch the Thar in Australia yet. Also, the company agreed to the terms of handing a 90-day notice before the commencement of sales of the Thar SUV in the country. For now, the Thar off-road SUV launch in Australia is yet to be confirmed.
This is not the first time that both brands have locked horns together. Last year, Jeep filed a complaint against Mahindra's Roxor offering in the United States of America. After a long pursuit in court proceedings, Mahindra won the case against Jeep and was allowed the sales of Roxor off-road SUV, with a couple of modifications.
The new-gen Thar does resemble the Wrangler's design. But there is some major difference starting with the number of doors present on the SUV. Also, the price point at which the Thar is placed is way lower than the Wrangler.
Speaking about the Mahindra Thar, the off-road SUV has been well received because of its new design, features, powertrain options. The new-gen Thar has come so far ahead of the previous model that it can now be used as a daily driver along with all the off-road capabilities.
The new-gen Thar is offered in petrol and diesel engine options. This 2.0-litre T-GDi mStallion turbo-petrol engine produces a maximum of 150bhp and a peak torque of 320Nm. While the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit dishes out 130bhp and 300Nm of torque.
Engines come mated to either a six-speed manual or a six-speed torque-converter automatic transmission. All varaints come equipped with Shift-On-Fly four-wheel-drive system with mechanical locking differentials as standard.
Some of the highlighted features of the new-gen Thar include a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system, steering-mounted controls, cruise control,semi-digital instrument cluster, and roof-mounted speakers; among others. The off-roader also features a factory-fitted hard-top roof offered on the top-spec LX variant of the SUV.
Thoughts About The Mahindra Taken To Court By Jeep In Australia Over Thar Launch
The Mahindra Thar has been the talk of the town since the second generation launched last year in the country. The company is looking to expand its international presence with the launch of the Thar overseas. However, for now, the Thar will not reach Australia anytime soon.