- Education AP SET Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Steps To Download AP SET Hall Ticket For State Eligibility Test Here
- Sports Elite Women's National Boxing Championships: World medallists Manju Rani and Jamuna Boro storm into semis
- Movies Salman Khan Urges Fans To Watch Sooryavanshi, Satyameva Jayate 2 And Bunty Aur Babli 2 In Theatres
- News Why such anger against Kashmiris for celebrating Pakistan's win: Mehbooba Mufti
- Finance Bharti Airtel Confirms Accepting 4-Year Moratorium On Spectrum
- Technology Apple iPhone 13 Review From A Long-Term Android User: Should You Make The Switch?
- Travel Nagaland's Best Winter Destinations
- Lifestyle All You Need To Know About Mosquirix, The First Vaccine For Malaria Approved By The WHO
Isuzu India has updated its passenger vehicle range in the country. The company has launched the MU-X BS6 premium SUV offering in the country. The MU-X is the brand's flagship models that now retails at a starting price of Rs 33.23 lakh, ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu).
The updated MU-X BS6 SUV is available in two variants: 4X2 AT and 4X4 AT. The top-spec automatic variant now retails at Rs 35.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu). Booking for the 2021 MU-X is currently being accepted across India.
The biggest change on the BS6 MU-X will be the new smaller 1.9-litre diesel engine. It is the same unit as the ones powering the BS6 models of the pick-up. The new engine produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 360Nm; mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic as standard.
The SUV continues to be offered with a four-wheel-drive system and a low-range gearbox. The BS4 model of the MU-X was powered by a larger 3.0-litre engine producing 174bhp and a peak torque of 380Nm — 13bhp and 20Nm torque more than the new engine. However, due to the stringent emission norms, the company had to replace the larger engine with a smaller 1.9-litre.
Apart from the new powertrain, all other features and design on the BS6 premium SUV remain the same as the BS4 MU-X. This includes projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, 18-inch wheels, side-step flared wheel arches, front and back scuff plates along with dual-tone bumpers.
Interior features include automatic climate control, cruise control, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple Carplay, a semi-digital instrument cluster with a MID screen. dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors and a rear parking camera; among others.
The MU-X is available in an all-new colour scheme called the Nautilus Blue. This is in addition to the existing colour schemes: Red Spinal Mica, Silky White Pearl, Galena Grey, Black Mica and the Silver Metallic.
Along with the launch of the MU-X the company has also introduced its BS6 pick-up SUV range. The D-Max Hi-Lander will be the new base-spec variant of the pick-up truck. It now retails at a starting price of Rs 16.98 lakh. On the other hand, the V-Cross D-Max is offered in three variants — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Isuzu MU-X BS6 Launched In India With New Powertrain
Due to the stricter emission norms, the company was forced to replace the 3.0-litre diesel engine on the MU-X. However, the SUV continues to be a seven-seater offering with excellent off-road capabilities. The Isuzu MU-X rivals the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and the MG Gloster.