- 28 min ago 2021 Mini Hatchback, Convertible & John Cooper Works (JCW) Launched In India At Rs 38 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Exports Commences To Nepal, Indonesia & South Africa: Details
- 6 hrs ago 2021 Jaguar F-Pace SVR Bookings Open In India: High-Performance SUV Coming Soon
- 18 hrs ago Top-Selling Bikes In India (May 2021): Hero Splendor & Hero HF Deluxe Take Top Two Spots
- Movies KRK Will Stop Reviewing If Abhishek Bachchan, Varun Dhawan Star In His Film To ‘Save Bollywood'
- Finance How To Find CIF ID In India Post Payment Bank Account IPPB?
- Education Delhi 9th And 11th Result 2021: How To Download Marksheet At edudel.nic.in
- News Baba Ka Dhaba owner’s condition stable, moved out of ICU
- Sports Top Level Volleyball to return to India with the Prime Volleyball League
- Lifestyle Rashmika Mandanna, Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Tara Sutaria Make Us Want To Buy A Satin Slip Dress
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel Introduce Strategies To Increase APRU: Check Details Here
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In August
Isuzu India has updated its passenger vehicle range in the country. The company has launched the MU-X BS6 premium SUV offering in the country. The MU-X is the brand's flagship models that now retails at a starting price of Rs 33.23 lakh, ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu).
The updated MU-X BS6 SUV is available in two variants: 4X2 AT and 4X4 AT. The top-spec automatic variant now retails at Rs 35.19 lakh, ex-showroom (Tamil Nadu). Booking for the 2021 MU-X is currently being accepted across India.
The biggest change on the BS6 MU-X will be the new smaller 1.9-litre diesel engine. It is the same unit as the ones powering the BS6 models of the pick-up. The new engine produces a maximum of 161bhp and a peak torque of 360Nm; mated to a six-speed torque converter automatic as standard.
The SUV continues to be offered with a four-wheel-drive system and a low-range gearbox. The BS4 model of the MU-X was powered by a larger 3.0-litre engine producing 174bhp and a peak torque of 380Nm — 13bhp and 20Nm torque more than the new engine. However, due to the stringent emission norms, the company had to replace the larger engine with a smaller 1.9-litre.
Apart from the new powertrain, all other features and design on the BS6 premium SUV remain the same as the BS4 MU-X. This includes projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, 18-inch wheels, side-step flared wheel arches, front and back scuff plates along with dual-tone bumpers.
Interior features include automatic climate control, cruise control, a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with support for Android Auto and Apple Carplay, a semi-digital instrument cluster with a MID screen. dual airbags, ABS with EBD, ISOFIX child seat anchors and a rear parking camera; among others.
The MU-X is available in an all-new colour scheme called the Nautilus Blue. This is in addition to the existing colour schemes: Red Spinal Mica, Silky White Pearl, Galena Grey, Black Mica and the Silver Metallic.
Along with the launch of the MU-X the company has also introduced its BS6 pick-up SUV range. The D-Max Hi-Lander will be the new base-spec variant of the pick-up truck. It now retails at a starting price of Rs 16.98 lakh. On the other hand, the V-Cross D-Max is offered in three variants — here are all the details.
Thoughts About The Isuzu MU-X BS6 Launched In India With New Powertrain
Due to the stricter emission norms, the company was forced to replace the 3.0-litre diesel engine on the MU-X. However, the SUV continues to be a seven-seater offering with excellent off-road capabilities. The Isuzu MU-X rivals the Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and the MG Gloster.