- 15 hrs ago Ola Introduces Electric Vehicle Taxi Rides In London
- 16 hrs ago 2021 Mercedes-Maybach S680 Revealed: Epitome Of Luxury & V12 Power
- 21 hrs ago Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- 1 day ago Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In May
- News Oxygen concentrator hoarding: Absconding Businessman Navneet Kalra arrested
- Movies Amitabh Bachchan Gets The Second Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine; Shares The News On Social Media
- Sports West Brom 1-2 Liverpool: Alisson keeps Reds' Champions League hopes alive
- Finance 10 Top Gainers And Losers In Last 7 Trading Sessions Of Nifty
- Technology How To Update GB WhatsApp On Your Android Smartphones?
- Education Industry Leaders Cobble Up COVID Widows Initiative To Help Women Who Lost Their Partners To Pandemic
- Lifestyle On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan And Sanju
Hyundai had previously announced that the company will be bringing in their N-Line performance range of models to the Indian market. These N-Line range of models are essentially a more powerful version of some of the standard products already on sale.
Reports also suggested that the first of these performance models to enter the Indian market will be the Hyundai i20 N-Line. This as the name suggests is based on the latest iteration of the premium hatchback which went on sale in India late last year.
Ahead of its launch in the Indian market, the upcoming Hyundai i20 N-Line has been spotted undergoing testing in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Spy pics of the new i20 N-Line were released by Team-BHP, showcasing the car camouflaged on the busy streets of the city.
The images though did reveal a few design elements, confirming that the model being tested is indeed part of Hyundai's N-Line range. These elements include the dual exhaust tips at the back and a set of larger alloy wheels.
The Hyundai i20 N-Line is also expected to feature a slightly different body kit as compared to the standard. This includes a larger front grille, revised bumper with a bigger air intake, ‘N-Line' badging on the front grille, contrasting highlights all around, new side skirts and side sills and a few other changes as well.
There will also be similar changes made to the interiors as well, providing a more sporty characteristic.
Apart from the cosmetic changes, the upcoming Hyundai i20 N-Line is also said to feature a few mechanical upgrades as well. This includes the suspension setup and the brakes.
The new i20 N-Line is expected to be powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine as on the standard model. This engine will produce 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque. However, the exact details of the engine and powertrain are yet to be announced.
Hyundai is expected to price the Hyundai i20 N-Line at a slight premium, compared to the standard model. The performance variant is expected to be offered with a price tag starting at around Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Apart from the ‘N-Line' version, Hyundai is also expected to import its full-blown ‘i20 N' model to India as well. This full-blown Hyundai i20 N will come with a more powerful 1.6-litre turbo-petrol engine. It produces 204bhp and 275Nm of peak torque. This model will be imported by Hyundai as a CBU (Completely Built Unit), making use of their 2,500 units import allowance without homologation.
Thoughts On The Hyundai i20 N-Line Spotted Testing In India
The Hyundai i20 N-Line has been spotted testing in India ahead of its launch in the Indian market. The N-line is a sportier version of the popular premium hatchback and will be aimed at enthusiasts in the country.