- 6 hrs ago Honda Cars India Shuts Down Manufacturing Plant: Tapukara Plant Shut For Maintenance
- 8 hrs ago Felidae Maven Electric Bicycle Specs & Details: Electric Mobility At Just Rs 24,500
- 8 hrs ago Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- 9 hrs ago Tata Motors Price Hike In May 2021: Tata Motors Hikes Prices Of All Models
- Sports Manchester City 1-2 Chelsea: Celebrations stall as Aguero aberration lets Blues back in
- Movies Bigg Boss Malayalam 3 Week 11 Elimination: Remya Is Evicted, Soorya Gets Saved?
- Finance CAMS Shares Lists On NSE After 7 Months Of Its Entry Into Capital Market: Here's Why?
- News Massive COVID-19 vaccination drive in Uttar Pradesh from May 10 for 18-plus
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Lifestyle Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Hyundai's performance brand 'N-Line', is said to be entering the Indian market soon. According to reports from Autocar India, the N-Line brand will come to India sometime in mid-2021, with the i20 N-Line expected to be their first model.
The performance division from Hyundai comes in two ranges, ‘N-Line' and ‘N'. The ‘N-Line' offers just sporty upgrades to the standard model, such as interior and exterior updates, suspension modification and tweaked brakes. The ‘N' range offers full-blown high-performance models, with powerful engines, along with aero kits, upgraded chassis, suspension, brakes and other components.
Hyundai India will start off with the N-Line models and could introduce the i20 N-Line as its first product. The new Hyundai i20 N-Line is expected to be powered by the same 1.0-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 120bhp and 172Nm of peak torque.
The N-line version of the i20 could receive a sportier exhaust, sporty interior and exterior trims and some tweaks to its suspension and braking systems. These slight tweaks will also help Hyundai keep the cost of its N-Line models affordable. The Hyundai i20 N-Line once launched in India is expected to come with a price tag of Rs 12 lakh, ex-showroom.
Having said that, reports also suggest that Hyundai is also considering the possibility of introducing the full-blown high-performance ‘N' models as well. The Hyundai i20 N model comes with a much larger 1.6-litre turbo-petrol engine producing 204bhp and 275Nm of peak torque.
This model, if introduced in India, will make use of import regulations, which allows bringing in 2,500 of non-homologated cars annually. If Hyundai does manage to import the high-performance version, it will be priced over Rs 25 lakh, ex-showroom.
However, reports also suggest that if the N-Line models do become successful, Hyundai will also consider locally assembling these performance models in India, allowing it to be priced more affordably in the future.
Thoughts On The Hyundai N-Line Coming To India
Hyundai is now the second-largest carmaker in India, with all its models doing extremely well in the country. The introduction of the N-Line could further boost the image of Hyundai in the market, while also allowing it to target the driving enthusiast segment.