- 51 min ago Royal Enfield Bullet 350 Price Increase Announced Again: Here Is The Complete Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Production Cross 50,000 Units Mark: Milestone SUV Produced By All-Women Crew
- 5 hrs ago Suzuki Burgman Electric Scooter Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 5 hrs ago Toyota Urban Cruiser Review (Road Test): Is It Different Or Better Than The Vitara Brezza?
- Sports India vs England: Axar Patel picks up second consecutive fifer in Pink Ball Test, claims unique feat
- Lifestyle What To Know About Buruli Ulcer, A Flesh-Eating Disease Spreading In Australia
- News From flashy diamantaire to fugitive: Nirav Modi's long road to extradition in PNB scam
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In March
- Technology Vivo X60 Receives Indonesia Telecom, BIS Certifications; Launch Expected Soon
- Movies Sushmita Sen Confirms Aarya 2, Says ‘Your Wish Is Our Command'
- Finance NIDHI Company: Things to Know Before Investing
- Education Assam Sericulture Admit Card 2021 Released, Download Grade 4 Hall Ticket At sericulture.assam.gov.in
Volvo India announces a 'contactless' platform for buying cars and booking service online. The company has announced this new initiative in light of the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country.
The nationwide lockdown has resulted in car manufacturers now resorting to digital mediums to gather data of prospective buyers. The initiative also connects all dealerships across the country with prospective buyers to support sales and service at these unprecedented times.
Buyers can visit Volvo's official website and provide their contact details with a preferred time and date. The representative from the dealership will get in touch and will assist with the buying process, documentation and the payment transfer. The company will also provide a completely sanitised test drive to the buyer, but that will only be possible once the lockdown period is over.
Volvo has partnered with 3M to maintain hygiene at all its dealer facilities. The showrooms, workshops, demo vehicles are being disinfected, while the staff have been provided with personal protective equipment and sanitisers.
The company is also offering solutions to its customers to sanitise their vehicles and keeping them safe. These include the 3M Interior GermKleen, the 3M AC vent disinfectant, and the 3M air refresher.
Speaking about the Initiative, Charles Frump, Managing Director, Volvo Car India, said, "Volvo cars are always known for safety technology in our cars and now we have raised the bar in safety by taking measures to disinfect our dealer's facility and test drive cars. I am confident that the Indian economy will spring back to its pace very soon with the measures taken by authorities. Our Volvo Contactless Program emphasizes the need for businesses to adapt to the current environment with an assurance of safety."
Volvo India has joined a list of manufacturers that have announced an online platform for purchase, and after-sales service due to the ongoing pandemic in the country. The Swedish carmaker currently has five models in its Indian portfolio. These include the XC40, the XC60, the XC90, the S90, and the V90. All models are listed for purchase online. The company has a total of 25 dealerships spread across the country.
In related news, Volvo Eicher Commercial Vehicles have announced multiple aid and measures to help frontline Corona warriors. These include healthcare workers, law enforcement, and local communities in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
Volvo Eicher has also made generous donations to Central and State Governments relief funds as well — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Volvo Announcing Online Platform For Buying Cars & Booking Service
Volvo aims to offer a seamless experience to its potential and existing customers during the Covid-19 pandemic, which follow social distancing and no contact guidelines. The Coronavirus crisis has brought in a lot of change in how a customer purchases a new car from a manufacturer.