- 11 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki S-Presso CNG Variant Production Beings: India Launch Expected Soon
- 13 hrs ago Jeep Compass Facelift Global Unveil Set To June 4: Here Are All The Details
- 15 hrs ago 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT-R Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.48 Crore
- 16 hrs ago New Mercedes-AMG C 63 Coupe Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.33 Crore
- Finance BPCL Launches Whatsapp Facility For Booking Cooking Gas: Here's How To Do?
- Technology TikTok App Download For JioPhone: How To Install TikTok App In JioPhone
- News Mumbai: 25 rescued after fire breaks out at Hotel Fortune on Marine Lines
- Movies Prithviraj's Aadujeevitham: Here's Everything You Need To Know About The Next Schedule!
- Lifestyle Did You Know That Talking To Yourself Can Reduce Stress? The Benefits Of Positive Self-talk
- Sports Dravid says non-contracted and U-19 players have received mental health lessons in lockdown
- Travel 12 Best Places To Visit In South India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
The Volkswagen Taigun India-spec details were revealed ahead of its launch in India. The upcoming Taigun compact-SUV will miss out on all-wheel-drive variant when launched in the country.
Speaking to NDTV auto, Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars confirmed that the upcoming Taigun will only be sold in two-wheel-drive variants in the Indian markets. The Volkswagen Taigun is scheduled for launch in India by mid-2021.
According to Volkswagen, the Indian market does not demand a four-wheel-drive variant as the compact-SUV is used more in the urban environment. Other products in the segment also do not offer an all-wheel-drive variant, which will help manufacturers to price their compact-SUVs competitively.
The upcoming Volkswagen Taigun was first showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo along with three other SUVs that will be launched in India over the next few years. The Tiguan Allspace and the T-Roc are already launched in India with Taigun next-in-line. The upcoming compact-SUV instantly attracted a lot of attention during the expo.
The Taigun will initially be powered by a 1.0-litre TSi petrol engine that will churn out 108bhp. The transmission options are likely to include both manual and automatic options when launched in India.
The Volkswagen Taigun is built on the new MQB A0 IN platform that has been specifically developed for the Indian market. The exteriors of the Taigun features LED projector headlamps with integrated DRLs, a rear LED tail-lamp with a light bar across the boot-lid, faux diffusers on the bumper and a chrome-finished grille.
On the inside, the Taigun will feature matching exterior-colour trims placed across the cabin. It will also feature a fully-digital instrument console, a flat-bottom steering wheel with mounted controls, large touchscreen infotainment system, and fast-charging USB slots; among others.
Once launched the Volkswagen Taigun will rival the Hyundai Venue, the Tata Nexon, the Ford Ecosport, the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and the Mahindra XUV300; among others. The compact-SUV segment is one among the highly competitive category in India, and with the upcoming Renault and Nissan models in India, the rivalry will only increase.
In related news, Volkswagen could start local production of their T-Roc SUV in India. The company has received a good response for the T-Roc, with the first batch of imports already been sold out in the country — here are more details.
Thoughts About Volkswagen Taigun India-Spec Details Revealed
The Volkswagen Taigun would have been the first compact sedan in India to feature an all-wheel-drive system. The company could have taken the decision looking at the market demand in the segment. The all-wheel-drive variant of the Taigun would have a significant increase in its pricing, which would be hard to justify in a price-sensitive market like ours.