- 12 hrs ago Skoda Kushaq Deliveries To Begin In August; India Launch On 28 June, 2021
- 17 hrs ago 2021 BMW 5 Series India Launch Price At Rs 62.90 Lakh: 620Nm, New iDrive & MSport Variant Available
- 20 hrs ago Hero Bikes & Scooters Price Hike Announced: New Prices Effective From July 2021
- 1 day ago Volvo India Introduces Subscription Plans — Here’s How You Can Subscribe To A Volvo Car In India
- Movies Will Keep Sushant Singh Rajput Death Issue Alive, Says His Friend Aneesha Madhok Exclusive
- Technology Flipkart And Amazon OnePlus Community Sale 2021: Discounts On Oneplus Smartphones, Accessories, And More
- News Bihar STET candidate’s admit card with Malayalam actress photograph goes viral
- Sports Ishant Sharma gets stitches on his right hand
- Education IIT Delhi Introduces New Postgraduate Programme ‘Master of Public Policy’
- Lifestyle 6 Reasons Why Cheating On Your Partner Is A Big NO!
- Finance Bank of England Keeps UK Interest Rates At Record Low Of 0.1 Percent
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Karnataka In July
The Volkswagen T-Roc is imported to India via the CBU (Completely Built Unit) route, alongside the Tiguan AllSpace. However, the German carmaker is now considering locally assembling the T-Roc at their facility in Aurangabad, India.
The decision to locally assemble the T-Roc in India is yet to be made, with Volkswagen yet to make any announcements. However, the decision will be based on the demand garnered by the SUV in the Indian market. Volkswagen has already stated that the T-Roc has been received well in the country, with the first batch of imports having already been sold out.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen India confirmed to carandbike, that the company will not fully build the unit in India. However, they are interested in importing all the parts and components and assembling the product at their Aurangabad facility.
The Volkswagen T-Roc is currently sold with an introductory price of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India). This pricing is expected to increase further once the introductory period is done. However, if Volkswagen do manage to locally assemble the product in the country, it could make the T-Roc more affordable.
The T-Roc SUV in India is offered in a single variant. The SUV comes powered by a single 1.5-litre EVO turbo-petrol four-cylinder engine. It produces 148bhp nd 250Nm of peak torque and is mated to a standard seven-speed DSG automatic transmission unit.
The premium SUV measures 4,342mm in length, 1,819mm in width and 1,573mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 2,590mm; these dimensions position it in India's competitive mid-size SUV segment.
The Volkswagen T-Roc offers a host of features and equipment as standard. This includes LED lighting all around, dual-zone climate control, 10.25-inch fully-digital instrument console, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system, heated front seats, paddle shifters, 17-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels and a host of other equipment. The Volkswagen T-Roc is also the first SUV in the segment to feature cylinder deactivation technology as well.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV Local Assembly
The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV is an extremely attractive offering in the Indian market. The SUV comes with a host of features and a powerful engine as well. If locally assembled in India, the T-Roc has the potential to take on the segment leaders such as the Kia Seltos, Hyundai Creta and the MG Hector in the Indian market.