- 33 min ago Suzuki Gixxer 250 & SF 250 BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.63 Lakh
- 1 hr ago Nissan Magnite Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Primarily Rival The Hyundai Venue
- 9 hrs ago Tata Nexon EV Deliveries Resumes After Lockdown Relaxations In Select Cities
- 11 hrs ago Skoda Rapid TSI Automatic Variant Expected India Launch Later This Year
- News India GDP growth dips to 3.1 pc in Jan-Mar; 4.2 pc in 2019-20
- Movies Saumitra Singh Announces His Debut Feature On Biker Anam Hashim, Who Does Stunts As A Sport!
- Sports Waqar Younis announces to quit social media after Twitter handle gets hacked, obscene video liked by hacker
- Technology BSNL Offering 2GB Data Per Day For One Year With Rs. 899 Plan
- Lifestyle Auspicious Hindu Wedding Dates In The Month Of June 2020
- Finance Core Sector Output Slumps 38.1% As Covid-19 Takes A Toll
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In North India In June
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
German auto manufacturer, Volkswagen, has announced that it will launch the much awaited T-Roc compact SUV in India on 18 March. The Volkswagen T-Roc made its Indian debut at the recent Auto Expo, and is part of the company's India 2.0 initiative.
The Volkswagen T-Roc is already in sale in the company's international markets, and will arrive in India as a completely built unit. Keeping this in mind, the vehicle is expected to arrive with limited changes for the Indian markets, if any at all.
The T-Roc has been built over the company's MQB platform, and is a very stylish looking crossover. In fact, the orange coloured one that was unveiled at the Auto Expo looked absolutely stunning.
The all new Volkswagen T-Roc will arrive with LED headlamps, LED DRLs, dual tone machined alloy wheels, roof rails, and LED tail lamps. The interiors too are expected to be upmarket and will arrive with premium materials.
The T-Roc will feature a large touchscreen infotainment system that is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatible, a flat-bottom steering wheel, and a fully digital instrument cluster, among a host of other creature comforts and features.
Some other highlights include two zone climate control, Vienna leather seats, and a panoramic sunroof.
Safety features aboard the Volkswagen T-Roc will include six airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, park distance control, a rear parking camera, a seat belt reminder, an over-speeding alarm system, and ISOFIX child seat anchors among a host of others.
The 2020 Volkswagen T-Roc will be available in only with a 1.5-litre petrol TSI engine that produces 148 brake horsepower and 240Nm of torque. The engine will come mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic transmission as standard.
One still has to wait for launch to know the price of the Volkswagen T-Roc in India, but we expect the vehicle to be priced between Rs 20 lakh and Rs 24 lakh, ex-showroom, India.
Once launched, the T-Roc will compete against the Jeep Compass and the soon to be launched Hyundai Tucson.
In Volkswagen related news, the company announced that the Tiguan Allspace will be launched in India on 6 March. Bookings are being accepted by dealers for a refundable amount of Rs 50,000. To know more about the Tiguan Allspace, click here.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen T-Roc Launching In India On 18 March
Well, Volkswagen has certainly begun its SUV attack in the country. We hope the models they launch do well for them and that they are able to help the company regain lost ground.