- 10 hrs ago Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- 10 hrs ago Audi Celebrated Women’s Day With The #DriveTheChange Initiative: Read More To Find Out!
- 10 hrs ago Kabira Electric Motorcycles Sold Out In Just 4 Days: Both KM3000 & KM4000 Receive Overwhelming Response
- 11 hrs ago TVS To Provide Free COVID-19 Vaccination To All Employees & Their Immediate Family Members
- Technology Amazon Samsung Galaxy M Anniversary Sale 2021: Offers On Samsung Smartphones
- Movies Priyanka Chopra Jonas: I Guess I will Always Be Unfinished, But I See That As Good Thing
- Sports ISL 2020-21, Semifinals: MCFC vs FCG: Mumbai win battle of nerves to pip Goa to historic final
- News School boundary wall collapse: Six killed, many feared trapped under debris in Bihar's Khagaria
- Education International Women’s Day: Gender Scholars Are Calling For Recognition of Unpaid Care-Giving
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Lifestyle Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
German automaker, Volkswagen, has increased the prices of its vehicle line-up in the Indian market. The price increase varies between Rs 5,000 and Rs 12,000, depending on the model and the variant.
Starting with the brand's entry-level model, the Polo hatchback has received a price hike between Rs 5,000 and Rs 8,000. After the price increase, the Polo now retails between Rs 5.87 lakh and Rs 9.67 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The entry-level hatchback is offered in five trim levels, including two automatic variants. The Volkswagen Polo is offered with two engine and transmission options.
The 1.0-litre MPI engine producing 76bhp and 95Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox as standard. The top-spec 1.0-litre TSI engine produces 110bhp and 175Nm of torque and can be had either with six-speed manual or a new six-speed torque converter unit.
Some of the highlighted features on the Polo includes a touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and voice commands, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers, climate control, multifunction flat-bottom steering wheel, dual-tone interiors, ABS, multiple airbags, day and night internal rearview mirror, and a host of other features.
Moving to the Volkswagen Vento, the sedan model has received a price hike between Rs 7,000 and Rs 9,000 across its variants. However, the prices for the top-spec Highline Plus AT variant is reduced by Rs 30,000.
The Comfortline (non-metallic) models and the Highline manual models of the Vento remain unaffected by the price increase. The Volkswagen Vento is offered in six trim levels and retails between Rs 8.93 lakh and 12.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
The Vento is offered with 1.0-litre TSI engine across all variants with an optional six-speed torque converter offered on the top-spec trims of the sedan. The BS6 sedan is no longer offered with a diesel powertrain.
Some of the salient features of the Vento includes LED headlamps with integrated DRLs, LED taillamps, chrome exhaust tip, cruise control, rear ac vents, climate control and a touchscreen infotainment system that supports Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and voice commands. It also features standard safety features such as ABS, multiple airbags, and a rear-view camera with parking sensors and more.
Coming to the brand's flagship SUV, the Tiguan AllSpace is offered in a single-engine, transmission and trim option in the country. The three-row SUV has received a price hike of Rs 12,000 and now retails at Rs 33.24 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
In related news, the company has announced that the first-batch of T-Roc SUV has been sold out in the country. The company has also stopped accepting bookings for the T-Roc SUV in India — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo, Vento & Tiguan AllSpace Price Hike Announced
Volkswagen has increased the prices of its models for the first time after the BS6 update. Along with the increase in prices, the company has also reduced the price of its top-spec sedan variant. Sales are not expected the be affected as the increase is only marginal.