- 21 min ago Maruti Suzuki Subscription Launched For New Cars In Delhi, NCR & Bangalore
- 1 hr ago Benelli Imperiale 400 Finance Scheme Announced In India: Low EMI Offer
- 15 hrs ago Okinawa Oki100 Electric Motorcycle Details Revealed: To Be Launched During Festive Season This Year
- 16 hrs ago Harley-Davidson Exit India: American Brand Shuts Down Operations As Part Of New Global Strategy
- Sports Five most expensive right wingers in the world
- News PM Modi addresses BJP workers from all over India on Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya's birth anniversary
- Movies Irrfan Khan's Son Babil On Coping With His Dad's Death: I Hate Realizing Everyday That You're Gone
- Finance Bottled Water Tycoon Surpasses Jack Ma's Wealth To Become China's Richest
- Education MPSOS Result 2020 Declared For Class 10 And Class 12 Ruk Jana Nahi August Exams
- Lifestyle Khaali Peeli: Ananya Panday Flaunts Her Western As Well As Desi Looks In The Trailer
- Technology Amazon Shutterbug Deals On Camera Devices: Discount Offers On Cameras
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In October To Welcome The Beginning Of Winter
Volkswagen India has announced that they have stopped accepting bookings for their T-Roc SUV in India. The company has announced that the current batch of the T-Roc SUV has been sold out, following a positive response in the market.
The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV was introduced in India earlier this year. The T-Roc was positioned as a premium mid-size SUV for the country and was offered with a price tag of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Deliveries for the Volkswagen T-Roc was supposed to start immediately after its launch, however, this was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, with the relaxation of lockdown restrictions across the country, the company has announced that the SUV has been sold out.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
"We are thrilled with the response received for our carlines - T-Roc & Tiguan Allspace. It is a testament of customer acceptance on our SUVW offensive strategy. Keeping this momentum, we are excited as we prepare for our next big SUV - the Volkswagen Taigun."
"To be launched in 2021, the Taigun is aligned with our brand philosophy of building premium accessible cars. It will offer customers a promising value proposition that embodies the marvel of German engineering, powerful and enhanced driving experience with Volkswagen's TSI technology and accessible mobility solutions."
The Volkswagen T-Roc is part of the brand's MQB platform and is imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). The SUV is offered in a single trim level, which comes packed with features and equipment.
Some of these features include LED lights all around, projector headlamps, panoramic sunroof, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, leather upholstery, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster and a host of other features as well.
The Volkswagen T-Roc is powered by the brand's latest 1.5-litre TSI EVO petrol engine. The BS6-compliant engine produces 147bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox as standard.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV Bookings Closed
The Volkswagen T-Roc premium SUV even though a CBU model has been priced competitively in the Indian market, which has worked in its favour. The premium SUV from Volkswagen rivalled the likes of the Jeep Compass, MG Hector, Kia Seltos and the Tata Harrier in the market.