- 7 hrs ago Mahindra Trademarks XUV100, XUV400, XUV700 & XUV900 Names For Future SUVs
- 8 hrs ago 2021 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Detailed Review — The Perfect Entry-Level Performance Motorcycle?
- 9 hrs ago Aprilia SXR 125 Prices Leaked Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are All The Details!
- 10 hrs ago FAME II Certification Validity Extended: Will It Benefit EV Market In India?
- Movies Vakeel Saab Day 6 Box Office Collection: Here’s How Much Pawan Kalyan Starrer Has Earned So Far
- Technology Amazon Smartphone Upgrade Days 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Mobiles
- Sports IPL 2021: Glenn Maxwell likens Royal Challengers Bangalore role to one at Australia
- News Pakistan working on single-dose COVID-19 vaccine with China’s help: Official
- Finance How to find IFSC Code?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Mizoram In April
- Education Karnataka: No Online Exams For Higher Classes, Says Dy CM Ashwath Narayan
- Lifestyle Pretty In Pink! Alaya F’s Shimmery Eye Lids And Matte Lips Make For The Perfect Makeup Look For Date Night!
Volkswagen India has announced that they have stopped accepting bookings for their T-Roc SUV in India. The company has announced that the current batch of the T-Roc SUV has been sold out, following a positive response in the market.
The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV was introduced in India earlier this year. The T-Roc was positioned as a premium mid-size SUV for the country and was offered with a price tag of Rs 19.99 lakh, ex-showroom (India).
Deliveries for the Volkswagen T-Roc was supposed to start immediately after its launch, however, this was delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now, with the relaxation of lockdown restrictions across the country, the company has announced that the SUV has been sold out.
Steffen Knapp, Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said,
"We are thrilled with the response received for our carlines - T-Roc & Tiguan Allspace. It is a testament of customer acceptance on our SUVW offensive strategy. Keeping this momentum, we are excited as we prepare for our next big SUV - the Volkswagen Taigun."
"To be launched in 2021, the Taigun is aligned with our brand philosophy of building premium accessible cars. It will offer customers a promising value proposition that embodies the marvel of German engineering, powerful and enhanced driving experience with Volkswagen's TSI technology and accessible mobility solutions."
The Volkswagen T-Roc is part of the brand's MQB platform and is imported into the Indian market as a CBU (Completely Built Unit). The SUV is offered in a single trim level, which comes packed with features and equipment.
Some of these features include LED lights all around, projector headlamps, panoramic sunroof, stylish dual-tone alloy wheels, leather upholstery, automatic climate control, digital instrument cluster and a host of other features as well.
The Volkswagen T-Roc is powered by the brand's latest 1.5-litre TSI EVO petrol engine. The BS6-compliant engine produces 147bhp and 250Nm of peak torque, mated to a seven-speed DSG automatic gearbox as standard.
Thoughts On The Volkswagen T-Roc SUV Bookings Closed
The Volkswagen T-Roc premium SUV even though a CBU model has been priced competitively in the Indian market, which has worked in its favour. The premium SUV from Volkswagen rivalled the likes of the Jeep Compass, MG Hector, Kia Seltos and the Tata Harrier in the market.