- 48 min ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 4 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 5 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- News Journalism student, gym owner from Pune arrested in ISIS case
- Sports KL Rahul posts an emotional message with his cricket gears on Instagram, gets more than 3 lakh likes
- Technology Redmi Note 9 Confirmed To Launch On July 20 In India
- Lifestyle Seasoned Actress Kelly Preston Had The Most Beautiful Collection Of Dresses, Here’s Proof
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
The Volkswagen Polo and Vento were recently launched with an automatic gearbox option in the Indian market. Prices for both models were announced right before the nation-wide lockdown was announced in the country.
As per the recent reports from Autocar India, the deliveries of the automatic variants in both models have been delayed due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic in the country. The Polo And Vento automatic variants are expected to start reaching customers only by August this year.
According to reports, only manual variants of both models are currently being produced at the company's facility in Chakan, Pune. Customers looking to purchase either of the automatic models will have to wait for a while until they take the delivery of their cars.
The BS6 update saw Polo And Vento becoming petrol-only models with a new engine and automatic transmission. Polo is offered with two different 1.0-litre engine options: MPI on lower trims and TSI on Highline and GT trim.
On the other hand, the Vento is offered with 1.0-litre TSI engine across all variants with an optional six-speed torque converter offered on the top-spec trims of the sedan. Both models in its BS4 formats were offered with a 1.2-litre TSI engine mated to a seven-speed DSG gearbox. However, the company has decided not to carry the setup and has discontinued from in its BS6 versions.
The MPI engine on the Polo produces 76bhp and 95Nm of torque, and comes mated to a five-speed manual gearbox. While the top-spec TSI engine on Polo and Vento produces 110bhp and 175Nm of torque, and can be had either with six-speed manual or a new six-speed torque converter unit. The new automatic powertrain setup puts out 5bhp of power more as compared to the older BS4 automatic models.
Prices for the Volkswagen Polo Automatic variants start at Rs 9.12 lakh and the top-spec GT automatic is priced at 9.59 lakh. The VW Vento automatic variants retail between Rs 12.09 lakh and 13.29 lakh. All prices mentioned are ex-showroom (India).
In related news, Volkswagen is expected to introduce the all-new Passat sometime this year in the Indian market. The upcoming BS6 Passat has been spotted several times during its testing-phase. The recent spotting reveals several details of the upcoming premium sedan from the brand — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Volkswagen Polo & Vento Automatic Deliveries Expected To Begin In August
Owing to the ongoing Covid-19 Pandemic and the nation-wide lockdown, which was recently lifted, delays in deliveries of vehicles were expected. The manufacturing facility and dealerships had to temporarily shut down its operations to ensure the safekeeping of its workforce. However, now as things reach its normalcy, the delays are expected to be reduced in the coming days.