- 57 min ago Isuzu D-Max Regular Cab & S-Cab Prices To Be Hiked From 1 April: Here Is The New Price List!
- 3 hrs ago Dual Front Airbags Mandatory On All Cars From 1 April: Here Are The Details!
- 3 hrs ago 2021 Volkswagen T-Roc To Go On Sale Soon In India: Expected To Get Massive Price Hike
- 19 hrs ago New Audi S5 Sportback Teased Ahead Of India Launch: Here Are The Details!
- Sports BCCI honours Sunil Gavaskar on 50th anniversary of his iconic Test debut against WI; Tendulkar hails his idol
- News Pakistan PM Imran Khan wins trust vote
- Finance 5 Best Private & Public Sector Banks Providing Returns Up To 6.75% On Tax Saving FDs
- Movies TV Actress Raped By Man On Pretext Of Marriage In Mumbai; Case Filed
- Lifestyle Disha Patani Turns Makeup Artist For Herself For A Brand Shoot And The Result Is Absolutely Amazing!
- Technology Possible Realme 8 Shows Up At Geekbench; Hints SD 720G SoC Instead Of MediaTek Helio G95 SoC
- Education Indian Coast Guard Admit Card 2021 For Navik And Yantrik To Release Soon
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
Uber and Flipkart have partnered to deliver everyday essentials at select cities in India. Both companies have partnered to deliver essentials in Bangalore, Mumbai and Delhi.
Flipkart, India's leading online marketplace, will use Uber's fleet to carry out deliveries across selected cites in India. The partnership comes during the 21-day lockdown announced due to the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
The alliance between both companies aim to help people who have self quarantined themselves at their homes, and do not have easy access for their daily essential needs. The partnership also aims to support the government's objective of keeping hundreds of millions of Indians at home to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Uber has confirmed that the delivery service will not carry any additional service charge, and all the money earned through these deliveries will be given to drivers. The alliance with Flipkart marks the third such partnership for Uber. They have earlier partnered with BigBasket and Spencer's Retail for our new last-mile delivery service as well.
Prabhjeet Singh, Director-Operations & Head of Cities, Uber India & South Asia, stated, that the company is looking forward to a fruitful partnership with one of India's largest e-commerce company. The partnership will help the company to grow by supporting each other at these tough times while helping the people and the Indian Government.
Rajneesh Kumar, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Flipkart, stated that the partnership aims to help move essentials from the sellers/vendors associated with the company to customers in the shortest possible time. The company aims to explore all possible options to help the Indian Government at these unprecedented times.
Both companies have confirmed that the officials delivering the essentials are adhering to Government's guidelines and maintain safety and hygiene for containing the spread of COVID-19. All personnel involved in the process are using masks, gloves, sanitisers and safety training provided by the companies.
In related news, Delhi gets its first COVID-19 drive-through sample collection facility. Dr Dang has come up with a drive-through laboratory in New Delhi, — here are more details.
Thoughts About Uber Flipkart Partnering To Deliver Everyday Essentials
With the Flipkart's logistics chain and the Uber's cab fleet, the task of delivering everyday essentials to people under the lockdown should be possible. Being said that the drivers and the others who are working in different areas to complete these tasks need a pat on their back.