- 9 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 4 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Movies Mahesh Babu On His Lockdown Experience: I’ve Done The One Thing That I Wanted To Do For The Longest Time
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga Flaunts A Blazer Outfit, A Red Dramatic Skirt, And A Golden Dove Brooch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Toyota has launched a new teaser of its Yaris sedan on its social media platform. The company seems to be working on either a minor facelift model or could be a limited edition variant of the sedan that will be launched soon in the country.
The teaser says "A Powertrip, Inside And Out", which could mean that the upcoming new Yaris variant will feature changes to both interior and exterior of the sedan. Apart from the teaser, additional information about the upcoming Yaris yet to be revealed by the company.
Although this might be an out-of-the-world hunch, it could feature a new engine under the bonnet. The new engine could be one of the brand's smaller hybrid powertrain that would debut on the new Yaris sedan.
Toyota recently launched a new facelifted Yaris sedan called the Vios in international markets. It features a host of changes over the current-gen sedan that is on sale in the country. This includes all-new front fascia with new headlamp units, a new front grille and air dam which seemed to have been massively inspired by Lexus' signature ‘spindle-grille'.
However, the teaser released by the company features the current-gen model's headlamps and grille indicating that it will not be the facelifted Yaris Vios. Also, the facelifted model is speculated to arrive only by next year in the Indian market — here are more details.
Toyota has recently increased the price of the Yaris sedan and also removed a couple of variants. The price increase varies with trim level and ranges between Rs 1000 to Rs 1.68 lakh. After the price hike, the Toyota Yaris now retails between Rs 8.86 lakh and Rs 14.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi).
The Yaris comes with a host of segment-first features such as projector headlamps, LED DRLs, alloy wheels, dual-tone interiors. It also comes equipped with roof-mounted air-vents with ambient illumination, eight-way adjustable power driver seat, and a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with gesture control.
The safety feature list is equally abundant with seven 7 airbags (3 on Optional trims), ABS, EBD and Brake Assist, as well as solar energy-absorbing front windshield with infrared cut off, glass-high solar energy absorbing (HSEA) and a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
The Toyota Yaris is available with single 1.5-litre petrol engine option, that produces 106bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed super CVT automatic transmission.
Thoughts About The Toyota Releasing New Teaser For Yaris
Toyota recently launched the limited edition Fortuner TRD and is also working on launch the all-new Urban Cruiser SUV sometime in this month. The company aims to keep the buzz going with the news of a new Yaris variant launching in India. It will help boost sales for the brand during the ongoing festive season in the country.