- 34 min ago 2021 Force Gurkha Near Production SUV Spied Testing With Accessories: Pics & Details
- 17 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki Swift Sales Cross 23 Lakh Units Mark: Becomes Best-Selling Car Of 2020
- 18 hrs ago Nissan Magnite Bookings Cross 35,000 Units Mark: New Milestone Achieved By The Brand
- 19 hrs ago Ampere Electric Scooter Sales Cross 75,000 Units: 300th Dealership Opened In India
- News Will revisit GST when Congress is voted to power: Rahul Gandhi
- Technology BSNL Republic Day Offer 2021: Extends Validity Of Rs. 1,999 And Rs. 2,399 Long Term Plans
- Movies Krack Day 14 Box Office Collection: Ravi Teja Starrer Emerges As A Blockbuster
- Lifestyle National Girl Child Day 24 January: Healthy Food For Teenage Girls
- Sports Ahead of England's India visit, Pietersen posts Dravid's tips on playing spin bowling
- Finance Markets To Be Volatile Ahead Of Union Budget And Monthly Expiry
- Education SBI SCO Admit Card 2021 Released, Check Direct Link To Download
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Maharashtra In January 2021
The Toyota Yaris facelift is set to be unveiled in the international market on June 25, 2020. The company has released a teaser of the upcoming facelift sedan, ahead of it unveil revealing a couple of design changes made to the new model.
The facelifted sedan, the official teasers reveal the updated Yaris to get a revised front fascia. This includes a redesigned front bumper, a new LED headlamp that looks inspired by the ones features on Fortuner facelift model, and a reworked upper griller.
Also, the new front bumper seems to have borrowed its design inspiration from the ones seen in the Lexus models. It features a trapezoidal shape lower with a blacked-out paint scheme that looks premium and upmarket.
Other changes made to the front and the side profile include a C-shaped cut-out which is the new housing for fog lamps, and a newly designed alloy wheel as well. The rear of the car has not been revealed and could feature minor cosmetic upgrades. However, the overall silhouette of the sedan remains unchanged.
Moving to the inside, not many changes are expected to the new sedan. There could some minor improvements with the overall feel of the cabin with an updated upholstery, and an updated infotainment system; among others.
The current model features roof-mounted air-vents with ambient illumination, eight-way adjustable power driver seat, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity and gesture control.
The Yaris already comes with a host of safety features which are expected to continue with the facelift model as well. This includes seven airbags, ABS, EBD and Brake Assist, as well as solar energy-absorbing front windshield with infrared cut off, glass-high solar energy absorbing (HSEA) and a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
The Toyota Yaris is available with single 1.5-litre petrol engine option, that produces 106bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed super CVT automatic transmission.
There is no news about Toyota bringing the facelifted Yaris to the Indian market. The sales of the current-gen Yaris has been rather slow. As a result, the company is looking to offer the sedan to fleet operators.
This will also help fill the void, after the Etios range getting discontinued in the Indian market. In short, the Yaris is currently the brand entry-level sedan that will be focused on commercial sales shortly. The sedan recently received a price hike from the company in the Indian market — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Yaris Facelift Teased
The facelifted Yaris features a more premium and appealing front fascia which increases the overall appeal of the sedan. However, the sedan segment is suffering across the world due to an increase in demand for SUVs. We will have to wait for Toyota's official word on the facelifted Yaris coming to India.