- 5 hrs ago 5 Friends, 5 Borders, 5,000 Kilometers & Unlimited Experiences: Great Independence Day Ride Series
- 7 hrs ago Bookings For The All-New Toyota Urban Cruiser Will Commence By The End Of August 2020
- 8 hrs ago BGAUSS Partners With MoneyTap To Offer Attractive Financing Options To Its Customers
- 9 hrs ago Honda Amaze Sales Crosses 4 Lakh Mark Since 2013: Achieves New Milestone
- Sports Halep overcomes Krejcikova test with determined fightback in Prague
- Movies Lokesh Kanagaraj Is Not Directing Kaithi Hindi Remake: To Concentrate On Tamil Cinema!
- News UAE announces normalisation of diplomatic ties with Israel under deal brokered by Trump
- Finance July Retail Inflation Climbs To 6.93% On High Food Prices
- Lifestyle Acupressure For Headache: The Best Pressure Points For Relief And Precautions
- Technology Telegram's Video Calling Feature Now Available For Beta Users
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
The Toyota Yaris facelift is set to be unveiled in the international market on June 25, 2020. The company has released a teaser of the upcoming facelift sedan, ahead of it unveil revealing a couple of design changes made to the new model.
The facelifted sedan, the official teasers reveal the updated Yaris to get a revised front fascia. This includes a redesigned front bumper, a new LED headlamp that looks inspired by the ones features on Fortuner facelift model, and a reworked upper griller.
Also, the new front bumper seems to have borrowed its design inspiration from the ones seen in the Lexus models. It features a trapezoidal shape lower with a blacked-out paint scheme that looks premium and upmarket.
Other changes made to the front and the side profile include a C-shaped cut-out which is the new housing for fog lamps, and a newly designed alloy wheel as well. The rear of the car has not been revealed and could feature minor cosmetic upgrades. However, the overall silhouette of the sedan remains unchanged.
Moving to the inside, not many changes are expected to the new sedan. There could some minor improvements with the overall feel of the cabin with an updated upholstery, and an updated infotainment system; among others.
The current model features roof-mounted air-vents with ambient illumination, eight-way adjustable power driver seat, and a seven-inch touchscreen infotainment system with smartphone connectivity and gesture control.
The Yaris already comes with a host of safety features which are expected to continue with the facelift model as well. This includes seven airbags, ABS, EBD and Brake Assist, as well as solar energy-absorbing front windshield with infrared cut off, glass-high solar energy absorbing (HSEA) and a (TPMS) Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
The Toyota Yaris is available with single 1.5-litre petrol engine option, that produces 106bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed super CVT automatic transmission.
There is no news about Toyota bringing the facelifted Yaris to the Indian market. The sales of the current-gen Yaris has been rather slow. As a result, the company is looking to offer the sedan to fleet operators.
This will also help fill the void, after the Etios range getting discontinued in the Indian market. In short, the Yaris is currently the brand entry-level sedan that will be focused on commercial sales shortly. The sedan recently received a price hike from the company in the Indian market — here are all details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Yaris Facelift Teased
The facelifted Yaris features a more premium and appealing front fascia which increases the overall appeal of the sedan. However, the sedan segment is suffering across the world due to an increase in demand for SUVs. We will have to wait for Toyota's official word on the facelifted Yaris coming to India.