- 12 hrs ago Top Bike News Of The Week: Important Highlights In Two-Wheeler Segment From Previous Week
- 14 hrs ago 2021 Jeep Compass Facelift Spied Testing Ahead Of Launch: Spy Pics & Details
- 14 hrs ago Made-in-India Renault Kwid Scores 2 Stars Global NCAP Safety Rating In Africa
- 17 hrs ago All-New Suzuki Burgman Street Electric Scooter Spied Testing Yet Again: Spy Pics & Details
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Concept Render Hits The Web: Triple Rear Cameras And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 14 Weekend Ka Vaar December 5 Highlights: Nikki Tamboli Gets Eliminated From The House In Mid-Season Finale
- Sports F1 2020: Bottas and Russell share front row in Hamilton's absence
- News Opposition parties extend support to Bharat Bandh by farmer unions; Protests in several states
- Education DU 7th Cut-off 2020 Released, Check Stream-wise Cut-off At du.ac.in
- Lifestyle Congratulatory Messages, Wishes & Quotes To Share On The Birth Of A Baby Boy
- Finance Income Tax Benefits To Very Senior Citizens: Know Them
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In December
The Toyota Yaris sedan has been listed on the (GeM) Government e-Marketplace. The B-segment sedan is currently available only in 'J' trim with a manual gearbox and retails at a starting price of Rs 9.12 lakh (before shipping charges).
The company also announced that the only white colour is readily available. However, other colour schemes will be offered based on the request. The Yaris is the company's entry-level sedan from the current line-up.
The GeM launched in 2016, is a dedicated e-market for online procurement of goods and services by government organisations, departments and (PSUs) Public Sector Units. Goods listed on the portal are usually available for a lesser price as compared to the retail price fixed for normal consumers.
Commenting on the move, Mr Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Services, TKM, said, "Toyota Yaris is a preferred choice in the segment for its world-class safety, quality, durability and reliability features. The listing of Yaris on the GeM will now ensure those car buyers from central and state governments will have a wider choice in the sedan category. We are cognizant that several Government undertakings are moving towards procurement from the GeM in the post-COVID world and we want to ease their buying experience."
"Also, the "COVID Warrior" special offer applicable on Yaris has received a good response and also given us an opportunity to thank the Government employees and doctors for their unwavering services towards containing the COVID pandemic. We are hopeful that this move will help us capitalize on the new B segment opportunity and increase interest from various Government departments and PSUs besides. Overall, we aim to cater to the demand on the Government side," he further added.
By listing the Yaris on the GeM, it will help TKM to further enhance Government sales and provide more options to government departments and PSUs across sedan, Multi-Purpose Vehicle segments. Toyota already sells the Innova ‘G Plus' and ‘GX' Diesel 7-seater and 8-seater variants, and also a ‘VX' Petrol 7-seater model on the GeM platform.
The Toyota Yaris is powered by a single 1.5-litre petrol engine option, that produces 106bhp and 140Nm of torque. The engine comes mated to either a six-speed manual or a seven-speed super CVT automatic transmission. However, the CVT models are not listed on the GeM.
The Toyota Yaris rivals the Hyundai Verna, the Skoda Rapid, the Volkswagen Vento and the Honda City in the India market. The Toyota Yaris BS6 models retail between Rs 8.86 lakh and Rs 14.30 lakh, ex-showroom (Delhi). The company is also offering attractive discounts during and benefits this month on the sedan — here are more details.
Thoughts About The Toyota Yaris Available On Government e-Marketplace
Toyota aims to boost its sales on the Government e-Marketplace. The purchase made by the government organisations, departments and (PSUs) Public Sector Units are usually in bulk, which will help the company to target volumes on its sedan. Additionally, it will be targeting a new sedan sector on the market place as well.