- 7 min ago Skoda Karoq Restock Expected Soon In India: Could Be Locally Assembled
- 3 hrs ago Tata Altroz i-Turbo Petrol Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 7.73 Lakh
- 3 hrs ago Renault Expands Sales & Service Network In India: Over 120 Customer Touchpoints Added Last Year
- 4 hrs ago Tata Cars Price Hike Announced Across All Models: Here Are All The Details
- News Watch: Melania refuses to pose with Trump after they leave White House
- Technology LG K42 Budget Smartphone Goes Official In India; Sale Begins On January 26 At Flipkart
- Movies Mahesh Babu On His Lockdown Experience: I’ve Done The One Thing That I Wanted To Do For The Longest Time
- Finance Union Budget 2021: Expectations Of Common Man
- Sports Saini bowled despite injury in the second innings at Brisbane
- Education JK Bank PO Result 2021: Check Mains Result At jkbank.com
- Lifestyle Lady Gaga Flaunts A Blazer Outfit, A Red Dramatic Skirt, And A Golden Dove Brooch
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Assam In January 2021
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) is all set to introduce their new sub-4-metre compact-SUV, the Urban Cruiser in the Indian market. The new Toyota Urban Cruiser, which is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza is said to go on sale in India sometime next month.
Toyota has officially announced that bookings for the compact-SUV will begin from the 22nd of August 2020. Bookings for the Urban Cruiser can be made either online or through any of Toyota's dealerships across India for an amount of Rs 11,000 — here are the details.
Ahead of its launch, however, Gaadiwaadi has released images of the brochure for the Toyota Urban Cruiser. The leaked brochure images reveal a host of features, equipment, colour options and other details, to be offered on the compact-SUV offering from Toyota.
As seen from the leaked brochure images, the Toyota Urban Cruiser will come with a redesigned grille with two thick horizontal slats and the ‘Toyota' logo at its centre. The SUV also comes with LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs which double-up as turn indicators, LED fog lamps on the front bumper, along with a central air dam and faux skid plates finished in silver.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser also comes with 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels, LED taillights and a roof-mounted spoiler with a LED stop light. The overall design and silhouette of the Urban Cruiser continue to remain identical to the Vitara Brezza offering.
Moving inside, the Toyota Urban Cruiser carries forward the same dashboard and cabin as the Maruti Vitara Brezza. However, Toyota has offered a more premium black/brown upholstery for the seats, side door panels along with a white roof; all of which feels more premium and upmarket.
The Urban Cruiser continues to carry forward the same infotainment system, instrument cluster from the Maruti Vitara Brezza. The infotainment system on the centre console comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto and other smartphone connectivity features as well.
Other features on the Toyota Urban Cruiser also include an engine start/stop button, electrochromic IRVM, auto AC, cruise control, rain-sensing wipers and many others. The leaked brochure also reveals the colour options on the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser. As seen, the upcoming SUV will be offered with a choice of six single-tone and three dual-tone paint schemes.
Talking about the powertrain, the Toyota Urban Cruiser will be powered by a 1.5-litre K Series petrol engine, borrowed from the Maruti Vitara Brezza. The engine produces identical power and torque figures as well, 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque, mated to a five-speed manual or the optional four-speed torque-converter automatic transmission.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is essentially a rebadged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. However, the company seems to be getting a good response for the SUV, even ahead of its actual launch date. Once launched in India, the Urban Cruiser will rival the likes of the Kia Sonet, Hyundai Venue, Ford EcoSport and of course the Maruti Vitara Brezza as well.