- 1 day ago EMoS WYLD Electric Cruiser Motorcycle Unveiled: Here Are The Details
- 1 day ago BMW R 18 Cruiser Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 18.90 Lakh
- 1 day ago Delhi Government Working On Setting Up 200 New EV Charging Stations Across The City Soon
- 2 days ago Ducati Scrambler 1100 Teased Ahead Of Launch: Will Arrive In Two Variants
- Technology Week 40, 2020 Launch Roundup: Redmi 9i, LG WING, Moto E7 Plus, Realme 7i, Sony Xperia 5 II And More
- Sports Controversial umpiring decision mars Delhi Capitals' win over Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2020
- Education Schools Reopen In India Latest News, Check State-wise List
- Movies The Kapil Sharma Show: Renuka Shahane Walk Fans Through Her Love Story With Ashutosh Rana
- News Ladakh row: Corps Commander talks on Monday; Army strengthens dominance in over 20 strategic height
- Lifestyle ICW 2020: Amid Pandemic, Rahul Mishra’s Lotus Pond Collection Exudes A Soothing Effect
- Finance Loan Against Mutual Funds: Should You Avail It?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In September
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has officially announced the booking date for their much-awaited Urban Cruiser compact-SUV. The Toyota Urban Cruiser can be booked by customers starting from the 22nd of August 2020.
Bookings for the compact-SUV can be done either online or by visiting the nearest Toyota dealerships across India. Customers can book the Toyota Urban Cruiser for a token amount of Rs 11,000. The Toyota Urban Cruiser is expected to go on sale in India in a month's time, with deliveries said to begin just before the start of the festive season.
Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Services, TKM, said,
"We are very excited about our latest offering- the Urban Cruiser, as it has already started receiving a lot of attention & enquiries from interested customers. We understand that our customers would like to know more about the new vehicle from Toyota, so that they can make an informed decision about the vehicle of their choice, this festive season. Hence, we wanted to further aid our customers with more information about the car before opening our bookings."
Apart from the official booking date, Toyota also revealed a host of features, design elements and equipment which will be offered on the Urban Cruiser. This includes two-slat wedge-cut dynamic grille finished in chrome, LED projector headlamps, LED DRLs which also double-up as turn indicators and LED fog lamps.
The SUV also comes with 16-inch diamond-cut alloy wheels and a host of other exterior features. The Toyota Urban Cruiser is also said to be offered with a choice of vibrant colours, including a very unique Brown paint scheme.
Moving inside, the Urban Cruiser will come with a dual-tone cabin with dark brown premium interiors, plenty of space and a host of features and equipment. Some of these include push-button start/stop, automatic climate control, large infotainment system with Apple CarPlay/Android Auto, cruiser control, electrochromic IRVM, rain-sensing wipers and many more as well.
Naveen Soni further stated, "Today, we have revealed few of the features which are bound to appeal the aspirations and expectations that the young & millennial aspire from a compact SUV in India. The Toyota Urban Cruiser will offer everything that the young customers look for and also extend to them the joy of owning a Toyota brand with a host of value added services with superior sales & service experience."
"We are confident that the Toyota Urban Cruiser will create a niche for itself with an ‘Urban Standout Appeal' for those who love to ‘Travel in Style'. We are eagerly awaiting to welcome a new set of customers who dream to own a Toyota SUV early in life and experience our sales and after-sales services of global standards."
In terms of powertrain options, the Toyota Urban Cruiser being a re-badged version of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, will come powered by their 1.5-litre K-series petrol engine. Toyota will also offer Suzuki's SHVS (mild-hybrid technology) on the Urban Cruiser as well.
The 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol engine produces 104bhp and 138Nm of torque and comes mated to both manual and automatic transmission. This includes a five-speed manual or a four-speed torque converter gearbox. The AT versions of the Toyota Urban Cruiser will further come with idle start/stop, torque assist and regenerative braking features as well.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser Compact-SUV
The Toyota Urban Cruiser is the brand's latest offering and is all set to enter the Indian market. The Urban Cruiser once launched will be positioned in the sub-4-metre compact-SUV segment to rival the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Kia Sonet, Ford EcoSport, Tata Nexon and the Hyundai Venue; among a few others.