- 1 hr ago Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- 9 hrs ago Maruti Suzuki To Launch 5 New SUVs Within Next 3 Years
- 1 day ago Spy Pics: Undisguised Yezdi Roadking Adventure Spotted Testing
- 1 day ago BMW Concept XM SUV Unveiled — Previews Most Powerful M Division Vehicle
- News Serum Institute seeks DGCI's approval for Covishield booster dose
- Sports Asian Team Squash: Indian men beat Pakistan, maintain unbeaten record
- Movies Chandigarh Kare Aashiqui: Producer Pragya Kapoor Shoots The Entire Film With Zero Waste Policy
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Lifestyle 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- Education MAT PBT Admit Card 2021 Released By AIMA At mat.aima.in, Here’s How To Download
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has been working on introducing their new SUV offering in the Indian market, the Urban Cruiser for quite a while now. The Toyota Urban Cruiser was initially expected to go on sale in India in August this year and was said to be positioned in the compact-SUV segment.
Note: All images used are for representational purposes only.
Now, according to reports to Gaadiwaadi, the launch of the Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV has been delayed by around 3 months in the country. The Urban Cruiser compact-SUV will now go on sale during the country's festive season. The reason for the delay is said to be due to the challenges faced by the brand amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is based on the latest iteration of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, which was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. The SUV is also set to be the second model to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in the country, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
However, unlike the Toyota Glanza, the Urban Cruiser is expected to feature a significant number of changes, to help differentiate between the two SUVs in the country. These changes include cosmetic revisions to the exterior and interior of the compact-SUV.
Mechanically though, the Toyota Urban Cruiser will continue to carry forward the same engine as the Maruti Vitara Brezza. This includes the newly-introduced 1.5-litre K15 Series petrol engine.
It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a manual or automatic transmission unit. The Urban Cruiser will also feature the mild-hybrid technology of the Maruti Vitara Brezza as well.
In terms of variants and features, the Toyota Urban Cruiser is expected to be offered in two trims; equivalent to the two top-spec variants on the Maruti Vitara Brezza. Features on the Urban Cruiser are expected to be carried forward from the Maruti SUV as well. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market — here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV India Launch Plans
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is expected to go on sale in the Indian market in the coming months. Once launched in India, the Urban Cruiser is expected to come with a starting price of around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom. The compact-SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the upcoming Kia Sonet, among others.