- 1 hr ago Bajaj Avenger Street 160 Prices Hiked Yet Again: Here Is The New Price List
- 3 hrs ago MG Hector Plus SUV Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 13.48 Lakh
- 5 hrs ago Audi Releases Second Teaser For RS7 Sportback Ahead Of 16 July Launch
- 6 hrs ago Mahindra Mojo BS6 Model Launching Soon: Brand Releases Teaser Via Social Media
- Sports Women's U-17 World Cup will be held behind closed doors in worst-case scenario: AIFF
- News Rajasthan crisis: 20 MLAs skip CLP meet
- Technology Tecno Launches Spark 5 Pro With HD + Dot-In Display: Should You Buy?
- Lifestyle Blepharitis: Causes, Symptoms, Complications, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Movies Yaara Trailer: Vidyut Jammwal, Amit Sadh, Shruti Haasan's Crime Drama Is An Ode To Friendship
- Finance Google Announces $10 Billion For Digitalising India
- Travel 10 Incredible Places To Visit In Rajasthan In July
- Education USA To Withdraw Student Visas If Classes Move Fully Online
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has been working on introducing their new SUV offering in the Indian market, the Urban Cruiser for quite a while now. The Toyota Urban Cruiser was initially expected to go on sale in India in August this year and was said to be positioned in the compact-SUV segment.
Note: All images used are for representational purposes only.
Now, according to reports to Gaadiwaadi, the launch of the Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV has been delayed by around 3 months in the country. The Urban Cruiser compact-SUV will now go on sale during the country's festive season. The reason for the delay is said to be due to the challenges faced by the brand amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is based on the latest iteration of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, which was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. The SUV is also set to be the second model to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in the country, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
However, unlike the Toyota Glanza, the Urban Cruiser is expected to feature a significant number of changes, to help differentiate between the two SUVs in the country. These changes include cosmetic revisions to the exterior and interior of the compact-SUV.
Mechanically though, the Toyota Urban Cruiser will continue to carry forward the same engine as the Maruti Vitara Brezza. This includes the newly-introduced 1.5-litre K15 Series petrol engine.
It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a manual or automatic transmission unit. The Urban Cruiser will also feature the mild-hybrid technology of the Maruti Vitara Brezza as well.
In terms of variants and features, the Toyota Urban Cruiser is expected to be offered in two trims; equivalent to the two top-spec variants on the Maruti Vitara Brezza. Features on the Urban Cruiser are expected to be carried forward from the Maruti SUV as well. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market — here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV India Launch Plans
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is expected to go on sale in the Indian market in the coming months. Once launched in India, the Urban Cruiser is expected to come with a starting price of around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom. The compact-SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the upcoming Kia Sonet, among others.