- 6 hrs ago Bike Sales Report For November 2020: TVS Motor Company Register 21% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 7 hrs ago Car Sales Report For November 2020: Maruti Suzuki Registers Marginal 1.7% Growth In Yearly Sales
- 10 hrs ago Kia Sonet Becomes Best-Selling Compact-SUV In India: Company Registers 50% Monthly Growth
- 11 hrs ago 2021 Dakar Rally Route Revealed: Here Are All Details Of The Upcoming Race
- Movies Gauahar Khan & Zaid Darbar Announce Their Wedding Date; The Bride-To-Be Reveals Zaid Proposed After A Month Of Courtship
- News Deep depression over Bay of Bengal now cyclonic storm 'Burevi'
- Technology Samsung Galaxy M51 Gets New Firmware Update In India: What Does The New Changelog Offers?
- Sports Three more members of Pakistan squad in New Zealand test positive for COVID-19: PCB source
- Finance 3 Large Cap Funds With Six-Month Return Of 35%; One-Year Return In Double Digits
- Lifestyle Are Berries Effective In Preventing And Managing Diabetes?
- Education UGC NET Cut-off June 2020 Released, Check Subject-wise Marks & Percentile
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Rajasthan In December
Toyota Kirloskar Motors (TKM) has been working on introducing their new SUV offering in the Indian market, the Urban Cruiser for quite a while now. The Toyota Urban Cruiser was initially expected to go on sale in India in August this year and was said to be positioned in the compact-SUV segment.
Note: All images used are for representational purposes only.
Now, according to reports to Gaadiwaadi, the launch of the Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV has been delayed by around 3 months in the country. The Urban Cruiser compact-SUV will now go on sale during the country's festive season. The reason for the delay is said to be due to the challenges faced by the brand amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is based on the latest iteration of the Maruti Vitara Brezza, which was showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo earlier this year. The SUV is also set to be the second model to come out of the Toyota-Suzuki partnership in the country, following the Glanza premium hatchback.
However, unlike the Toyota Glanza, the Urban Cruiser is expected to feature a significant number of changes, to help differentiate between the two SUVs in the country. These changes include cosmetic revisions to the exterior and interior of the compact-SUV.
Mechanically though, the Toyota Urban Cruiser will continue to carry forward the same engine as the Maruti Vitara Brezza. This includes the newly-introduced 1.5-litre K15 Series petrol engine.
It produces 104bhp and 138Nm of peak torque and is mated to either a manual or automatic transmission unit. The Urban Cruiser will also feature the mild-hybrid technology of the Maruti Vitara Brezza as well.
In terms of variants and features, the Toyota Urban Cruiser is expected to be offered in two trims; equivalent to the two top-spec variants on the Maruti Vitara Brezza. Features on the Urban Cruiser are expected to be carried forward from the Maruti SUV as well. Ahead of its launch in the Indian market — here are some of the most frequently asked questions about the upcoming Toyota Urban Cruiser.
Thoughts On The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV India Launch Plans
The Toyota Urban Cruiser SUV is expected to go on sale in the Indian market in the coming months. Once launched in India, the Urban Cruiser is expected to come with a starting price of around Rs 8 lakh, ex-showroom. The compact-SUV will rival the likes of the Hyundai Venue, Maruti Vitara Brezza and the upcoming Kia Sonet, among others.